Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to Improve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

I already feel sorry for the mother. I have the feeling that Dermot will conveniently ignore everything that is important to her :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bloody hell it's huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,377 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It might be handier to reposition the church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mammys heart isn't in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

The one request she had and he goes completely against it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Don't think Mammy is too impressed, leave her beside the church if that's what she wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lisha wrote: »
    The ****** he has moved her away from the church!! :(

Poor Mary!
    To be fair to the 3 of them, they seem to be thinking of each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Autosport wrote: »
    Mammys heart isn't in it

I'm so sad for her

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Thankfully here in Kilkenny and know that match in 2010 was an anomaly.

Seems so expensive to do up the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I think maybe the daughter in law is driving this build. Not happy that he went against the Mammy's wishes.

• Advertisement

A lot of weight on the son since winning an all Ireland medal only a few years ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

All country ppl use the back door. Easiest access. Why wouldn't ya?? Sure you park at the back door usually. Only in estates do you enter through the front door.

14 weeks :eek:

House being built over the road from me and it's nearly finished and it's only taken 8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Weird shot to film of them knocking the books down with a crowbar, why would they do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Seems so wrong that she had only one request and it was ignored by everyone. I couldn't do that to my mother. It just seems selfish to ignore her wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

€200,000 ?

Seriously, they aren't that far off the budget to totally demolish it and build a new, A rated house.

That's a crazy, crazy budget for that work in Tipperary when building costs are still relatively low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Aw, poor Mary.

If I was Mary I'd kick the lot of them out

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

awanderer wrote: »
    I already feel sorry for the mother. I have the feeling that Dermot will conveniently ignore everything that is important to her :( .

I had written that before he moved her away from the church. Surely ignoring the initial brief of the client is not the sign of a great architect even if he can be persistant enough that customer ends up saying ok just so they don't create trouble (which is what I suspect happened here).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Would they not allow the mother to live out the rest of her days in the house her late husband built for her? Not liking this couple at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

If I was Mary I'd kick the lot of them out

I feel Like starting a petition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

#letmaryhaveherroom needs to get trending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm rapidly going right off that daughter-in-law.

I'm also feeling sooooo sorry for the Mammy. She's being completely bullied here.

M

Sorry to put it like this but what happens when the mother dies? Will the house then remain seperate or will it be joined up in to one house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Feel sorry for mammy, they should have gone and built a new house nearby and left her alone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

14 weeks :eek:

House being built over the road from me and it's nearly finished and it's only taken 8 weeks

And I've seen houses in the boom being built in 4 weeks. Speed does not mean quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I frickn hate that add.

M

Would they not allow the mother to live out the rest of her days in the house her late husband built for her? Not liking this couple at all.

Perhaps they have the mother bankrolling it too?

awanderer wrote: »
    I had written that before he moved her away from the church. Surely ignoring the initial brief of the client is not the sign of a great architect even if he can be persistant enough that customer ends up saying ok just so they don't create trouble (which is what I suspect happened here).

I don't know. Why hire a professional who has years of experience and then insist he does it your way?

I think the reason you get a professional is because sometimes they actually know what you want and need even more than you do yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've asked this before - whose idea was it for them all to move in and play happy families? I'm guessing it wasn't Mammy's anyway.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement