Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roedale mods and extra baffles, has anyone done tests?

Options
  • 04-05-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Have a Roedale Ultralight with 5 baffles. Not shot through it yet but been told not to expect it to be as quiet as my ASE UTRA Jet Z CQB.

Thought about ordering 3 more but was wondering if anyone has found an optimum on .223?

Is there a point at which baffles wont make a difference and that a set amount is optimum for safe noise reduction.

This is a completely academic exercise as I would like the opinions of those who have tried and tested this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    Have a Roedale Ultralight with 5 baffles. Not shot through it yet but been told not to expect it to be as quiet as my ASE UTRA Jet Z CQB.

Thought about ordering 3 more but was wondering if anyone has found an optimum on .223?

Is there a point at which baffles wont make a difference and that a set amount is optimum for safe noise reduction.

This is a completely academic exercise as I would like the opinions of those who have tried and tested this.

Thanks
    Roedale have test results on their website. I got this info from it.
    Sound reduction in DB
    delta 1V 27.3
    delta V 29.8
    delta V1 30.0
    delta V11 31.6
    It looks like the gains in sound reduction are small when you add more than 5 baffles so it might not be worth it.
    I use roedale stainless on my 6.5x55.
    I have 5 baffles but only use 4 when stalking as it is still quiet enough and I prefer the shorter length.
    The sound reduction is a bit better with the stainless mods compared to the alloy mods but they are a lot heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Thanks for that zeissman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I have a ultra light 6 baffle Roedale on my 223. Used a 5 baffle for a year before. I do not notice a difference.
    edi

Advertisement