Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBNet Broadband

• 04-05-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi ,

Has anyone used BBNet as a broadband provider in the south east Clare area?

If so, how did you find their service - what sort of download speeds etc did u get?

They are based out of Shannon I think and I am considering using them, but reviews of their service are difficult to find.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I'm in feakle/tulla & I've used them for a couple of years. I find them excellent. Great service. I just watch films, download music etc (v general use) & its a great price etc. A neighbour uses a higher speed for work & they say they are happy with them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

I'm in East Clare and using BBNet for years now, mainly because there was (or is) no real alternative.
    Speed is sometimes a bit wobbly depending on busy times, but usually I'm quite content regarding my needs.
    Best thing is the service - real people you can actually talk to and who work there, not some call centre where nobody has a clou. And they do their best to solve a problem if there is one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What are the down/up speeds like and are the costs reasonable ...... or at least comparable with the likes of Eircom/VF/Smart etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

What are the down/up speeds like and are the costs reasonable ...... or at least comparable with the likes of Eircom/VF/Smart etc?

You can look it up at their website : www.bbnet.ie
    They have several choices for down/up, and according prices.

I think they are not exactly cheap, but then in the middle of nowhere, which is East Clare, there aren't many viable choices anyway.

Eircom i.e. has the disadvantage to provide still over phone lines (as far as I know). During winter storms the lines were often ripped down, most likely during times when no-one is available to fix it (like Christmas and such like). Very annoying when you depend on internet access for work.
    That's why I prefer the wireless connection with BBNet (with all warts ...).

For rates I looked up other providers who might be cheaper, but they are not always available up here in the sticks.

And as I said above, the service is - compared to other providers - unbeatable. So far at least.
    Worth the money.

But then, if anyone has a better and - most importantly - cheaper idea, I'm listening... :)

Advertisement