Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks in dublin 15

Options
  • 04-05-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

they have been going on the past 10 mins, whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

they have been going on the past 10 mins, whats going on?

Wondering this myself? Huge fireworks! Maybe a celebrity wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can see them from my house up in Wellview...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Sounds like f'ing cannons.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Pretty impressive all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Heard them myself. It's weird because its too late for a wedding or some grand opening :confused:

In any case they werent some dude just setting off fireworks. It was a professional set up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

i'm hearing them in lucan

fecking sound like bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Heard it myself here in carpenterstown. yep I'm a sissy and I know boards aren't really sympathetic to types like me but I was s####ing myself! They sounded like gunfire/bombs (although my paranoia was probably brought on by reading about newtown and boston, lights off, at 11.30.) K Bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pretty loud alright where ever they're coming from. I initially thought it was someone messing with the bins and when I went out to check I could hear them in the distance. Sounded like the deep bassy explosions you hear when there's someone reporting from a warzone.

Just looked out my back door and there is a helicopter hovering around the direction where the fireworks went off.

Can't be a coincidence. Wonder what is going on (am nosey lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

They where like Cannons, very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Fireworks at Dunboyne Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭skippy15

looks like from Hartstown park direction, and defo an expensive set up. Dont know who gave go ahead for a display at half 11 at night.....seriously loud. Would say fair few complaints received

Lelantos wrote: »
    Fireworks at Dunboyne Castle

Dunboyne!?!? :eek:

That's a few miles away. That's mental to think we all heard it from here. Must of been some impressive show up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Dunboyne!?!? :eek:

That's a few miles away. That's mental to think we all heard it from here. Must of been some impressive show up front.

Saw 3-4 people mention it on both fb & Twitter, so I'm presuming its gospel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

It wasnt in the direction of Dunboyne, was more hartstown.

skippy15 wrote: »
    looks like from Hartstown park direction, and defo an expensive set up. Dont know who gave go ahead for a display at half 11 at night.....seriously loud. Would say fair few complaints received

I wouldnt be suprised to learn that the helicopter I saw/heard was a police helicopter. You just know people would be ringing up about strange loud bangs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'd live within 100 yards from Hartstown park defo not there! To me it seems like Castleknock area maybe the golf club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I live right beside the hartstown park and thought it sounded like Clonsilla area, though now I can hear a loud speaker :confused:

edit: The loud speaker might be unrelated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Sounded like clonsilla train station direction, porters gate, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's funny reading the various areas people are in that heard, ranging from Lucan out towards Hollystown. I thought it was coming from the Clonee direction, which would also be in the direction of Dunboyne.

I'd say there's a lot of seriously pissed off parents of young kids and babies out wherever it happened anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Luttrelstown?
    There was balloons tied up outside it today?
    robertxxx wrote: »
    Sounded like clonsilla train station direction, porters gate, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Wonder where they were :pac:
    it's just got me curious. I managed to see a few of the fireworks in the distance before they stopped, then a few minutes later I saw a helicopter over the same direction... but I could hear the helicopter. So it wasnt exactly miles & miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Looked out my back window and it seemed like they came from luttrellstown castle.......same as posh & becks wedding?

tskk wrote: »
    Looked out my back window and it seemed like they came from luttrellstown castle.......same as posh & becks wedding?

Few people on twitter saying it's a wedding at luttrellstown castle alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

I've seen few cars in D15 during the day with white ribbons on hoods alright. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yeah - I could see the higher fireworks - it was Luttrelstown Castle alright - nice show.

The Helicopter looked to me like it was over some area between Hartstown to Navan Road.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Big do...
    Probably some insolvent property developer getting hitched!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

party going on in the dail.they are all getting pay raises

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

ozmo wrote: »
    Yeah - I could see the higher fireworks - it was Luttrelstown Castle alright - nice show.

The Helicopter looked to me like it was over some area between Hartstown to Navan Road.

Yes funnily enough I passed Luttrelstown castle and the gates were (unusually) open and I did think there must be a wedding on.

Advertisement