Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company has relocated to a new premises

Options
  • 05-05-2013 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My Employer is trying to influence me to quit my job because the Company has relocated to a new premises in the next County. (My colleague moved 4 weeks ago but I have been left behind in the old office.) I have requested numerous times (verbally) and written (once) whether I will receive travelling expenses for the move but I have not received an answer from my Employers. (My Contract does not have a mobility clause). I have been left in the old office with my own substantial workload (working through lunch and after work to complete my own tasks - which is unpaid overtime) and since my colleague has moved 4 weeks ago I have also 90% of her daily workload added to my workload. I feel totally isolated and am under increased pressure to keep up and it has become impossible for me to continue working under these circumstances. I have an impeccable history of 6 years with the Company and feel that the underlying reason for the above is so that if I just leave my job my Employers will avoid paying me Redundancy . Over the past year a new computer system was introduced to the office but I was excluded from the training (even though there were only 2 of us in the Office and my role was Office Manager. Part of the training my colleague received on the new system was for tasks that I would normally carry out so I feel that the reason my employers excluded me from this training was due to the fact they had been planning to bully me into leaving. At this stage I do feel my emotional health is suffering as a result of this situation and I do not want to leave my job but feel I have no other option. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭mm_surf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

That sounds like a case of constructive dismissal. Keep all your paperwork, times, people and notes of any dealings with company in this regard. This is an illegal practice and they can be taken to a labour court for this.
    Look up NERA, plenty of advice there.
    The citizens advice bureau is a good place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Toshiba2013

Hi Doom and mm surf,
    Thank you very much for your information - found a wealth of information on these websites. Have all my paperwork details, dates, times etc in order as I have guessed for a while this was the direction my case was going and I am not going to let my Employers get away with this. I have never given my Employers any reason to find fault with my work so it just boils down to money. Thank you again.

Advertisement