Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for hedge-break

• 05-05-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I'd like any suggestions for a break between patio and garden that provides partial breeze shelter without being very high or thick to obscure the view. Maybe about 80 to 140cm high. Maybe evergreen. Probably not wide. Fairly low maintenance.

I wonder about a low bamboo or tall grass. But also any light hedge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

prosaic wrote: »
    I'd like any suggestions for a break between patio and garden that provides partial breeze shelter without being very high or thick to obscure the view. Maybe about 80 to 140cm high. Maybe evergreen. Probably not wide. Fairly low maintenance.

I wonder about a low bamboo or tall grass. But also any light hedge.

Zebrina is good, lovely smell in summer and slow growing, very tactile.
    Privit (green or verigated) is easy to manage at any height and recovers from a good hacking.
    If you are prepared to contain it then dog roses might do it for you. Lovely smell of flowers for most of the summer.
    Another option may be dogwoods. with the lovely yellow or deep red bark for winter color, easy to maintain at any height and thinner than actual hedging.
    Beech may be an option too, green or purple.

I have all the above in my garden

Advertisement