Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Packing for Thailand/NZ

• 05-05-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,
    Myself and my sister are moving to NZ on a 1year WHV. We are leaving in early June and stopping over in Thailand for approx 2 weeks on the way over. Spending most of our time in the islands. We then fly to Auckland.

As it will be two seasons we are packing for (Thailand humid) (NZ winter) i would really appreciate some help on what clothes to bring. If someone has done this before can you tell me how many shorts,tops,jeans jumpers,boots,jackets etc you brought and is it possible to get cheap enough clothes in NZ eg is there an equivalent to Pennys/Dunnes out there?

I was in NZ 7 years ago and from what i remember the clothes were not that cheap. Just wondering if things have changed since then. I find packing for a sun holiday really stressful at the best of times and end up bringing way more than i need so i just dont want to make the same mistake again and end up with a over loaded backpack! Backpack size is 60 + 20 litres.

Thanks for any advice/info you can give

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

If you have enough time, you can leave a bag in left luggage at Bangkok airport (about €2 per day) and just bring what you need to the islands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

Pack for NZ, leave main bags @ airport and buy a few T-shirts, shorts etc in Thailand for your trip there. Clothes are so cheap in Thailand that you can afford to buy and throw them away as you go around. Enjoy!

Advertisement