Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in New Ross - where to stay, go out, etc?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking into the possibility of bringing a group of us (probably between 10 and 20 people) to New Ross at the end of June and we're wondering if there is a good hostel/B&B in the town or would a hotel be better?
    Also we're trying to find out if there are any good spots in the town for a night out and we were wondering if there was any festival or event on that weekend which may prompt us to get booking well in advance?
    We're planning to travel by bus so anywhere to stay/visit would have to be within reasonable walking distance of New Ross.

Thank you for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Where to stay? At home I would suggest :pac:

Seriously, why New Ross? There isn't much in the way of a nightlife to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Head to Wexford town, good restaurants , great food. Good pubs all over the town . Plenty of accommodation and for food I highly recommend cistin eile.
    Was there last Friday and it is stunning.
    Nightclubs - you have the stores etc but I don't know enough to comment on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

barney 20v wrote: »
    Head to Wexford town, good restaurants , great food. Good pubs all over the town . Plenty of accommodation and for food I highly recommend cistin eile.
    Was there last Friday and it is stunning.
    Nightclubs - you have the stores etc but I don't know enough to comment on it!

+1

New Ross just isn't a town for a weekend of craic.Wexford Town has so much more to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

No offence to anyone from new Ross but jaysus not a place for weekend away. Head to Wexford town altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

Come to wexford town. Lots of great restaurants, pubs and nightlife... plenty of places to stay and great shopping on our pedestrianised main street! Indoor and outdoor markets, a lovely little quirky market on weekends in the town centre, selling all sorts and nice street food! Nightclubs to cater for all, Trad sessions also. Johnstown gardens and of course lots of great beaches!

the john barry maritime festival is also happening and video of it here 20-23 june with an expected 50,000 people attending
    http://highwindmedia.ie/index.php/john-barry-maritime-festival-2013/

http://wexfordartscentre.ticketsolve.com/?page=2

http://www.visitwexford.ie/events.php

http://wexfordopera.ticketsolve.com/?TSLVq=50258a11-aa15-4eb6-938e-6dce33f441c4&TSLVp=c7c9b159-959e-4f5d-99ee-5b9936947f80&TSLVts=1367917992&TSLVc=ticketsolve&TSLVe=wexfordopera&TSLVrt=Safetynet&TSLVh=fc7dbe8c4e5b595e437a496601b5b59c

End of June you also have the strawberryfest in enniscorthy a short 20 mins bus journey away which will have loads going on. that could be an option for you and to be fair you could try arrange a stop off in new ross on your way down to get in the famine ship and jfk gardens etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Jesus I'm tempted myself after reading that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hotel - Brandon House (aka The Five Counties)

Food - Le Voila, Irishtown

Pubs - Theatre Tavern, South St. Nice smoking area.

For decent music [jukebox / stereo] try Ma Byrne's in Quay St or Richie's on The Quay. Same owner. People often move from one to the other.

Avoid - Docks nightclub on John St.

Stuff to do during the day - the park has a decent playground. Else head to the JFK Arboretum (about five miles outside the town).

Cool place to hang out - THE THOLSEL.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Where to stay? At home I would suggest :pac:

Seriously, why New Ross? There isn't much in the way of a nightlife to be honest.

There isnt much in the way of any life in New Ross. :rolleyes:

Advertisement