Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Marvellous Creations

Options
  • 05-05-2013 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone try these yet?

Tried the Cookie Nut Crunch one yesterday, was the best bar I've had in a long, long time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Havent tried either, the crunch one sounds good but jelly popping candy shells doesn't sound great to me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Same as me wouldn't like to try the other. My local Centra had 2 for 1.40 I think it was. A good review here

http://kevssnackreviews.blogspot.ie/2013/04/cadbury-marvellous-creations-jelly.html

(by the way that isn't my blog, it was just near the top of Google search)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

One for the kids & one for the adults

The kids one is interesting. The adult one is fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Davy wrote: »
    Havent tried either, the crunch one sounds good but jelly popping candy shells doesn't sound great to me :o

It's actually awesome! Not for the popping candy (hardly noticable when embedded in chocolate), but for the jellies :) Jellies&chocolate ftw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Is it like jelly beans? (the jelly one) I haven't tried that.
    I tried the 'cookie nut crunch' one, not bad at all, like bits of dime bar in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

woodchuck wrote: »
    It's actually awesome! Not for the popping candy (hardly noticable when embedded in chocolate), but for the jellies :) Jellies&chocolate ftw!!!

It's really fab :) Ate a whole bar of it yesterday. It was worth the guilt I feel today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

I actually hate cadburys but they were both the nicest bars i've tasted in ages.

star-pants wrote: »
    Is it like jelly beans? (the jelly one) I haven't tried that.
    I tried the 'cookie nut crunch' one, not bad at all, like bits of dime bar in it.

It's not quite jellybeans, cause there's no shell... it's jellies but not overly chewy but nice and fruity... I recommend you try it :D There are other little crunchy bits in it too... oh dear, got a hankering for another one now...

I also liked the other biscuity one, but the jelly one was particularly unique and tastey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Both hit the spot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Does the Cookie Nut Crunch bar taste very nutty?
    Would like to try it for the cookie part but not mad about nuts in chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not really like nuts, as they're caramelised I think (so if you've ever eaten a Dime bar? it's like a sliver of dime bar rather than a bit of nut if that makes sense).
    One of the girls in work, hates nuts, but tried the bar and said it was really nice, because there's not loads and she said it's more like the carmelised nuts from HagenDas icecream or something.

Excellent, thank you. To the shops I go :D

Basq wrote: »
    200g bars of Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations are only €1.67..

389042_430348383728920_688429533_n.jpg

The Jelly Popping Candy Shells one sounds bizarre, but the Cookie Nut Crunch one is meant to be amazing.

These are in tesco for €1.67 if anyone is looking for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I really didn't like the jelly one. The texture is all wrong in the chocolate.

I wasn't mad about the Jelly Popping Candy one either, the jelly part tasted odd to me, it's like it was trying to be fruity but couldn't quite make it there.
    Really enjoyed the Cookie Nut Crunch though, would definitely buy it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Davy wrote: »
    These are in tesco for €1.67 if anyone is looking for them.
    saw them in Dunnes this evening at the same €1.67 and marked as half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just after finishing a jelly popping candy - jaysus, my mouth feels weird. Whenever I open my mouth, my gums feel like they're made of tin foil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I don't really agree that they're like Dime bars, I hate them but love these, can understand the comparison but think it's a different texture, much nicer

I had one of the crunch ones today and it reminded me of the dairy milk with shortcake that was on sale a few years back......didnt think it was marvelous

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was unmoved by the nut one. The popping candy one was quite enjoyable, I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I had to go back for a second go at the jelly popping candy one today - y'know, just to make SURE it was nice.

It is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Were these not out a few years back? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had a Cookie Nut Crunch today and although it was nice and I LOVED the shape of the bar, to me it just tasted like Golden Crisp.
    Wouldn't buy it again and the JellyBean/Popping Candy ones don't appeal to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I liked them both, but not enough to buy them again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I liked them both, but not enough to by them again.

I feel like that too. I tried them both again with my OH and was unimpressed by the cookie one. I actually don't like Cadbury's chocolate that much though, so that's probably why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I love the jellies in the jelly & popping candy ones. They're the sticky kind that feel like they're doing serious damage to your teeth. Ate a shocking amount of the 200gm bars during exam time but can't justify that any more (especially as the waist band of my skirt is lacerating my new jelly-rolls). Mmm slightly odd jellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't decide if I like the jelly popping candy have the other to try another time but this one it's like it tastes sort of like the turkish delight bar at times and then other parts it's fruity quite a weird taste along with the popping . It gave me a headache as well. I'd say it's ok but not mad to buy it again. I'll try the other bar in a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I love them both.. only problem is the small bar is gone to quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

really like the jellybean one, the other i can appreciate but i tend to dislike hazelnut stuff. Not to take thread off topic but i miss cadburys coconut rough like no ones business

• Advertisement

I love them both.. only problem is the small bar is gone to quick :)

That's why you should get the big bar :P

Advertisement