Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mariner Outboard Question

Options
  • 05-05-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

I've got a Mariner 20HP outboard and I'm tryna figure out weather the connection that is already there that runs to battery to charge it is actually an original Mariner part or perhaps just something somebody retro fitted. Its a little socket with holes for a 2 pin plug which I dont have and cant seem to find anywhere.

Any help on this would be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

please post pics, it'll help an awful lot...also year and/or serial number

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tannoy

Hey breghall

I will do, boat is in storage a few miles away and I never thought to take a picture when I was last there. As far as I know the engine's year of manufacture is around 2000. Found a pic of the exact one.
    mariner-20hp-cola-larga-46443010111757515768665069484567g.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It sounds like a Tach harness plug, these can plug into your control box or a male female connector and up to the tach, if it is mariner fitted the signal wire will be grey.

Advertisement