Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams... Help?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am a postgrad doing an undergrad module this semester. So I have to sit an exam in the RDS in a few days. I didn't do my undergrad in UCD so I haven't a clue how the exams really work. All I could gather from the assessment website was that you need to bring a student card.

Can I just ask, where do I need to go in the RDS? Is there signs as to where each exam is held? Do you get assigned seat numbers?

Sorry, complete newb.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They're in the RDS Simmonscourt Hall. It's just one big hall.

When you go in there'll be a large board with names and your seat number. You go to that, find your seat number. In the big hall then you just need to find your seat.

You need to bring your student card with you and place it on the desk. All else you need to bring is what you need for the exam e.g. pens/pencils/calculators, maybe a bottle of water.

It won't be hard to find the hall. There'll be hundreds of students walking to and from it as well as signs for UCD Exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Just make sure you go to Simmonscourt and not the main RDS arena as Trinity are having exams there too.
    Just for reference
    A marks the main RDS building, B is the Simmonscourt Building.

If you don't have your student card you will get fined €30 and if your phone goes off you'll be fined €50 and it will be confiscated.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

That's great guys, thanks so much! I'm planning to get public transport in from the city centre so I'm hoping there'll be other students on the bus so I know when to get off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

The 4 and 7 will take by the main RDS building on Merrion Road but you'll probably be sharing the bus with TCD students, not UCD students.

The 46a, 39a and 145 will take you by Old Wesley Rugby Club on Donnybrook Road. Get off at the club and walk down Anglesea Road. You'll probably find plenty of UCD students taking this route.

Ah no get the 4 or 7, it will be much quicker and there will be lots of UCD students on them too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

judgefudge wrote: »
    That's great guys, thanks so much! I'm planning to get public transport in from the city centre so I'm hoping there'll be other students on the bus so I know when to get off!

Whilst students will be getting off at the RDS, be careful not to follow the Trinity students into the wrong end of the RDS!

If you're on Merrion Road (which is where public transport runs by) go up Simmonscourt Road, which has the four seasons hotel on 1 side and Bewleys Hotel on the other and go straight up there and the exams are on the left about 100m up. There'll be signs and on the gate for UCD exams also.

Give yourself plenty of time so there's no panic. You can usually find a corner to study in whilst you're there anyway if you have notes pre-prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

I'm not too familiar with Dublin (I'm off campus 90% of the time) so I'll probably just get off at the RDS and try to figure it out from there.

I don't suppose anyone happens to know the bus fare?

You've been a great help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Also no pencil cases are allowed into the exam hall so bring a clear ziplock bag if you want to bring a few things in with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Is a clear ziploc bag allowed?!

Between my calculator, pens, tables, tippex and stuff I could definitely use that...

Pencil cases are allowed, just leave it on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

So Judgefudge, did you make it? :)

Advertisement