Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Nividia drivers in order to aid playing video game

Options
  • 05-05-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Sorry if im a noob at this question as im not a techie but my computer has a folder for Nividia Corporation and i want the nividia graphics card to help me with a game i downloaded on steam(the original series of tomb raider) and unfortunatly the cutscens/fmv are in bad quality.for the most part its all grainy etc and most dont even play even though the sound does play.
    According to this nividia card may help although i dont have them just wondering how i can get the card.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117795142

My computers specifications are :
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 2450M CPU@2.50GHz 2501 Mhz,2 Core(s),4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version - Insyde Corp. R0180E5
    but I have a Nividia Corporation
    Display adapters - Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

To be honest I'd say it's just an issue with the original content.

The cutscenes and video content would have been low res and low quality to begin with.

You need an Nvidia graphics card to use Nvidia drivers. Your graphics are done by the integrated intel 3000.

Check to make sure you have the drivers for this installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Since the CPU is a 2450M I'm going to assume this is a laptop.
    Chances are the system is using some sort of hybrid display settings such as Virtu MVP where the normal run of the mill stuff is handled by the Intel 3000 and the heavy duty stuff is handled by the Nvidia card.
    In order for this to fully work though you need to install the Nvidia drivers.
    Go here http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers and click "Automatic Driver Detection" and follow the prompts.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Sorry if im a noob at this question as im not a techie but my computer has a folder for Nividia Corporation and i want the nividia graphics card to help me with a game i downloaded on steam(the original series of tomb raider) and unfortunatly the cutscens/fmv are in bad quality.for the most part its all grainy etc and most dont even play even though the sound does play.
    According to this nividia card may help although i dont have them just wondering how i can get the card.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=117795142

My computers specifications are :
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 2450M CPU@2.50GHz 2501 Mhz,2 Core(s),4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version - Insyde Corp. R0180E5
    but I have a Nividia Corporation
    Display adapters - Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

you dont have an nvidia graphics card you have a crappy intel one

you will need an nvidia graphics installed into your pc first.

nvidia graphics drivers will not work on a non intel graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

you dont have an nvidia graphics card you have a crappy intel one

you will need an nvidia graphics installed into your pc first.

nvidia graphics drivers will not work on a non intel graphics card.

I'm betting he does have an Nvidia card in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

SickBoy wrote: »
    I'm betting he does have an Nvidia card in there.

if he does he needs to disable the intel one... they wont work together.

boot into the bios and set the primary display adapter to PCI-E and then the pc will choose any add in card over the built in gcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

if he does he needs to disable the intel one... they wont work together.

boot into the bios and set the primary display adapter to PCI-E and then the pc will choose any add in card over the built in gcard

If he has both an Intel and a Nvidia graphics card in the laptop, they will work together using NVIDIA Optimus.

"This intelligent graphics technology switches between discrete and integrated graphics processors automatically whenever it determines what kind of application is being used. If you are simply surfing the Web, the GPU switches to the integrated version, therefore helping to extend your battery life. It's that easy to experience long battery life and amazing visuals without having to manually change settings."

Advertisement