Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off the Beer

• 05-05-2013 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Just a week into hopefully a month off Alcohol - feeling good tbh & my brain seems to be working that bit better!

Just wondering how long any of the readers of this have been off it & what benefits should I see in myself providing I don't pig something else

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Thanks for the update.

My update: I'm still on the beer

This is so interesting, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

1ZRed wrote: »
    Thanks for the update.

Thanks pal - superb stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Man-Red wrote: »
    Just a week into hopefully a month of Alcohol - feeling good tbh & my brain seems to be working that bit better!

Just wondering how long any of the readers of this have been off it & what benefits should I see in myself providing I don't pig something else

Of it over four years and for me the best decision I have ever taken & yes I am married :D

Maybe you should join us here ;):) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056160984

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Thanks pal - superb stuff.

Not a bother, but a quick google would give you a flood of info on the benefits of giving up the beer.

I've never been off it since I started drinking regularly at 17. I haven't suffered any ill effects thus far, so I fail to see any benefit I could get by staying off it in my case, besides saving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Good luck pal, I envy you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just a week into hopefully a month of Alcohol - feeling good tbh & my brain seems to be working that bit better!

Why did you give it up and why for a month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

How often were you on the beer a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Nobody likes a quitter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

I read this as you were a week into a month long session!!!

kneemos wrote: »
    Why did you give it up and why for a month?
    How often were you on the beer a week?

Just pigging it since I was 14 (now 32) - Hangovers from hell at the weekends now, feeling like crap & kids now getting that little bit older deserve a proper father that's in the land of the living & not looking like death from Thursday night 'til Monday night.

House drinking way too much from about 7 years ago when my first was born & just looking to cleanse both body & soul tbh.

A month is something I've never been able to get too - 3 weeks max & that was over a decade ago.

Looks like I'm in the wrong forum anyway.

• Advertisement

deuceswild wrote: »
    I read this as you were a week into a month long session!!!

Sorry that was meant to be off lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Fitz123

I'm drunk right now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

off the beer but on the yokes and vallies.

saving a tonne of money i am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just a week into hopefully a month off Alcohol - feeling good tbh & my brain seems to be working that bit better!

Your a brave man Manc-Red.... Il take a pint tonight to celebrate your first week off :) ... keep it up lad, your putting the rest of us to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I went off the beer for lent in order to lose some extra weight round the tum, and now here we are several weeks later and I'm still off the beer and I feel fine + I have definately lost a bit off the tum tum, and my head feels clearer. Don't get me wrong, I love a pint or two when I'm in the mood, but at the moment I'm enjoying the break :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Thanks for the update.

Not a bother, but a quick google would give you a flood of info on the benefits of giving up the beer.

Time of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    off the beer but on the yokes and vallies.

saving a tonne of money i am
    Whopper buzz!!

irishfeen wrote: »
    Your a brave man Manc-Red.... Il take a pint tonight to celebrate your first week off :) ... keep it up lad, your putting the rest of us to shame.

Cheers pal.

I tried to start this a week ago but broke last night.. Now, I'm gonna try and not drink till the 24th and then get smashed because that's when my job ends.

I tried to start this a week ago but broke last night.. Now, I'm gonna try and not drink till the 24th and then get smashed because that's when my job ends.

Bummer m8 - best of look off the gargle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Impromptu AH beers anyone?

Bummer m8 - best of look off the gargle though.

Since I wrote that, I've actually been thinking about it.. My life has come to depend on a lot of codeine, cigarettes, coffee and beer.

Think I need to cut down on all four, not just the beer.

Good luck with the next three weeks.

Since I wrote that, I've actually been thinking about it.. My life has come to depend on a lot of codeine, cigarettes, coffee and beer.

Think I need to cut down on all four, not just the beer.

Good luck with the next three weeks.

Never took up the smokes, have 3-4 cups of Coffee a week - would say though that codeine has been an issue for me... especially with a hangover.

Advertisement