Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to send HDI signal 50m

• 05-05-2013 3:01pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a HD satellite box in my living room. It is presently connected to my TV via a HDMI lead. I would like to split this HDMI cable so that I could watch HD in another room and have the same station appear on both devices at the same time. The cable run would be about 50m.

So my questions are:
    1) HDMI splitter: Where would I get one (good quality Dublin)? Roughly what would it cost?
    2) Cabling: What do I need? Where can I get it? What else do I need? I have heard that this can be done by using 2 x CAT5e / CAT6.

Edit: I have just seen this and this. Has anyone any experience with these units??

All advice and questions welcome.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

Advertisement