Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert in a month!!!

Options
  • 05-05-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

hey everyone just wondering is anyone beginning to get nervous yet now that the j.c is a month away??:P:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm having a mental break down, every day my results are becoming less of an reality and more of a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

try not to worry too much im gettin really scared tho! the teaqchers are piling on the stress plus the amount of homework!:P

#teachers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Guys, the JC means literally nothing and has no effect on your future possibilities. Chill and use the time to get used to the general exam experience, because that will be quite important in the Leaving Cert and in college finals. You don't want to be blanking out, that sort of stuff.

try not to worry too much im gettin really scared tho! the teaqchers are piling on the stress plus the amount of homework!:P
    I blame the teachers for all this strees :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Tbf, the amount of homework we're being given is ridiculous. It's actually worse this year than in 2nd or 1st? That makes no sense, since we're expected to study as well? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I find I'm getting a lot more homework now too, but it's all revision so I guess it's for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I guess all the homework count as revision in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Tbf, the amount of homework we're being given is ridiculous. It's actually worse this year than in 2nd or 1st? That makes no sense, since we're expected to study as well? :mad:

LAWL :rolleyes:

its annoying tho even if it is revision because we have like 12 teachers or something and the homework and its all due the next day! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

its annoying tho even if it is revision because we have like 12 teachers or something and the homework and its all due the next day! :(

It's good for you even if it is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Guys, the JC means literally nothing and has no effect on your future possibilities. Chill and use the time to get used to the general exam experience, because that will be quite important in the Leaving Cert and in college finals. You don't want to be blanking out, that sort of stuff.

Remember that if you fail a Junior Cert subject at Higher Level you will be forced to do Pass for Leaving Cert and in some schools if you get below a C in any subject for JC you have to do pass for LC. In our school, we only have that rule for French (If we get below a C in JC we do Pass)

Also, If you are in a big enough school there could be Top, Second, Third, Bottom honours classes and you wouldn't want to be in a bottom honours class or one of the lower honours classes. (In our school, most classes that are not Top Honours get ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TEACHERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

When i look back at my mocks I think to myself "how the hell did i know the answer to that?" and i get really nervous because i feel i may get a lower result than in my mocks :( And the amount of homework is unreal i don't count the homework as studying unless i have revision homework with a GOOD teacher. I'm getting really stressed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

It doesn't bother me what I get, I know what class I'm in in 5th year. Don't put stress on yourself, it's not important! :P

LAWL :rolleyes:

I was talking about the amount of homework we've been getting? I don't get why it's funny? :L
    Remember that if you fail a Junior Cert subject at Higher Level you will be forced to do Pass for Leaving Cert and in some schools if you get below a C in any subject for JC you have to do pass for LC. In our school, we only have that rule for French (If we get below a C in JC we do Pass)

Also, If you are in a big enough school there could be Top, Second, Third, Bottom honours classes and you wouldn't want to be in a bottom honours class or one of the lower honours classes. (In our school, most classes that are not Top Honours get ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE TEACHERS.

That's how my Dad's school did 20 odd years ago. Very few schools are like this now. Don't tell people to worry about this. Your classes will most likely be as they are for the JC, you're grouped together because you all have a similar class (e.g. in my year, it's because we all do Geography/History) and all your core subjects (SPHE, CSPE, etc.) will be with this class. For subjects like Maths and stuff, you'll be moved around according to your level. Don't worry too much about it! Just aim for your best.

hey do u think its possible that we will all be in the same base classes as we are now??

hey do u think its possible that we will all be in the same base classes as we are now??

I honestly have no idea? They might, I don't know? Obviously they're going to have to be a bit different due to transition entries and departures but I'm not sure! I'd say they'll make new ones..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

just study,you will be fine,

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

I was talking about the amount of homework we've been getting? I don't get why it's funny? :L

That's how my Dad's school did 20 odd years ago. Very few schools are like this now. Don't tell people to worry about this. Your classes will most likely be as they are for the JC, you're grouped together because you all have a similar class (e.g. in my year, it's because we all do Geography/History) and all your core subjects (SPHE, CSPE, etc.) will be with this class. For subjects like Maths and stuff, you'll be moved around according to your level. Don't worry too much about it! Just aim for your best.

Our school, St. Flannan's College has 1200 students and 10 Third Year classes (nearly 30 people in each class). So there is competition, man!

Our school, St. Flannan's College has 1200 students and 10 Third Year classes (nearly 30 people in each class). So there is competition, man!
    My school only has 250 students in total, there's 19 in my class. THERE IS ZERO COMPETITION, i'm only competiting with only like 2 people in my class XD. Really silly.

• Advertisement

woah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JackFDub

Not at all :) Haven't even started studying yet!

JackFDub wrote: »
    Not at all :) Haven't even started studying yet!

really???:eek:

Are you serious? That's ridiculous that the Department would allow that? Schools that big would obviously have a serious effect on the education of students there. I can't see why the wouldn't fund to put another school in the area (obviously I know that's easier said than done but it's definitely in demand!)

My school's coming up to 900 students and it's already packed. We've 6 1st Year classes atm, 5 2nd Year classes and 5 3rd Year classes! We're getting a huge extension to deal with this! So I'm shocked you're school hasn't had something to deal with it! Also in case, someone's wondering I don't attend a big fancy posh school. I'm in a 'tech' school that still has a ridiculous reputation for being 'rough'! :rolleyes:

Are you serious? That's ridiculous that the Department would allow that? Schools that big would obviously have a serious effect on the education of students there. I can't see why the wouldn't fund to put another school in the area (obviously I know that's easier said than done but it's definitely in demand!)

My school's coming up to 900 students and it's already packed. We've 6 1st Year classes atm, 5 2nd Year classes and 5 3rd Year classes! We're getting a huge extension to deal with this! So I'm shocked you're school hasn't had something to deal with it! Also in case, someone's wondering I don't attend a big fancy posh school. I'm in a 'tech' school that still has a ridiculous reputation for being 'rough'! :rolleyes:
    My school has a horrible reputation, I don't know why my mum enlisted me in it and not CUS or something.

My school has a horrible reputation, I don't know why my mum enlisted me in it and not CUS or something.
    But is it just a reputation or is it actually like that? Because my school's reputation is nothing like what it really is. I couldn't have asked to be put into a better school, yet people all over the county think we're the biggest bunch of wasters and 'toughies' you'll find :rolleyes:

But is it just a reputation or is it actually like that? Because my school's reputation is nothing like what it really is. I couldn't have asked to be put into a better school, yet people all over the county think we're the biggest bunch of wasters and 'toughies' you'll find :rolleyes:
    Well, yea! People think it's a bad school and you won't get anywhere because of the amount of bad teenagers in it, even my friend who lives in the same area in me enlisted to a school across the river because his mum got the picture of the school being all bad, I wouldn't blame her. People like me have to work harder to achieve better results, and we get no attention for being good, the bad people cause trouble and get all the fame. If I was in a posh school, 10 A's will be a piece of cake. I know this is offtopic, but I think if you have a great teacher, getting an A will be easy if you work, also, my school has alot of new teachers who can't control alot of classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

The teachers in our school are giving us way too much pointless homework. To be honest, I find that I study best by myself, without having to do piles of homework for the next day. But that doesn't suit everyone I suppose ! X)

that would suit wat about everyone else??

• Advertisement

2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement