Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappies in Curraghchase Forest Park

• 05-05-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Who are these people that take a trip into a beautiful forest, breath the lovely air, explore the woodland paths, see the indigenous animals and then dump a huge bag full of used nappies in the ditch on their way out ???

I heard that a local business man has taken over the maintenance of the park but he seems oblivious to this dumping...it's disgusting and disgraceful.

I am a regular walker in the forest and am saddened to notice the area is becoming more and more filthy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have taken away the charge of 5 euro? The last few times I have been the barriers were up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sadly dumping isn't confined to Curraghchase, it seems that some people think all public areas are deemed suitable to dispose of rubbush.

The back road out of Tesco's at Coonagh has a box of beer bottles dumped yet these can be disposed of free of charge at a bottle bank, the mind boggles at such wanton disrepect for public areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beanie13

Charge barrier back in place....made no sense really..the automatic device had a faulty part that needed replacing and instead of sorting it asap they lost massive revenue by not getting it fixed...then again Coillte are loaded and it was only a small lost in revenue for them I bet.

Spotted some trees with tape around them recently up near caravan park...sad thing was whoever marked up these trees had to step over refuse bags, cans and nappies to get to specific trees....don't think Coillte give a crap to be honest....sad but true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

Beanie13 wrote: »
    Who are these people that take a trip into a beautiful forest, breath the lovely air, explore the woodland paths, see the indigenous animals and then dump a huge bag full of used nappies in the ditch on their way out ???.

they're called scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cardiganboots

Who are these people that take a trip into a beautiful forest, breath the lovely air, explore the woodland paths, see the indigenous animals and then dump a huge bag full of used nappies in the ditch on their way out ???

I heard that a local business man has taken over the maintenance of the park but he seems oblivious to this dumping...it's disgusting and disgraceful.

I am a regular walker in the forest and am saddened to notice the area is becoming more and more filthy...

That's shocking, where in the forest were the nappies dumped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Beanie13

spotted them in one of the pull in points on the way in...at first they looked like a loads of hockey balls thrown down but obviously on closer inspection it turned out to be a load of tightly wrapped nappies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cardiganboots

spotted them in one of the pull in points on the way in...at first they looked like a loads of hockey balls thrown down but obviously on closer inspection it turned out to be a load of tightly wrapped nappies!

That's awful, there is a phone number (maintenance team) on a sign at the barrier entrance, I'm sure they would be delighted with the information.

Advertisement