Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Change

Options
  • 05-05-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Help!!!

I'm stuck trying to achieve a career change. I'm 33 years old and want a complete career change. My employment history is mainly construction and hospitality. I've been working in hospitality full time for the last 7 years. I've a great work ethic and have always succeeded in every job i've done.
    I've have some business experience and small office experience, but i find it hard to get office work. I'm prepared to start at the bottom of a company, if there is an opportunity to work my way up.

I've been to career guidance councillors, some who have made me do interest tests, but none have pointed me in the direction of how to achieve my career change.

Can anyone give me some advice or has anybody been in the same situation?

Comments

Advertisement