Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Drawing Exam

Options
  • 05-05-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have my drawing exam for art on tuesday and i'm a bit worried! You see, for 1st and 2nd year we had a really useless teacher and we literally did NOTHING. Half the class just spent the two years on their phones.
    Luckily though, this year we have a new teacher who's brilliant! But we've spent all our time doing the project and have spent no time on learning how to draw! I'm not too concerned about the still life stuff as I am relatively ok at drawing. But the human form bit is a slightly worrying me. Does anyone have any tips? All we're gonna get is a 30 minute life drawing lesson from our teacher, right before the exam!
    Thanks!:):

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

pvakelly wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have my drawing exam for art on tuesday and i'm a bit worried! You see, for 1st and 2nd year we had a really useless teacher and we literally did NOTHING. Half the class just spent the two years on their phones.
    Luckily though, this year we have a new teacher who's brilliant! But we've spent all our time doing the project and have spent no time on learning how to draw! I'm not too concerned about the still life stuff as I am relatively ok at drawing. But the human form bit is a slightly worrying me. Does anyone have any tips? All we're gonna get is a 30 minute life drawing lesson from our teacher, right before the exam!
    Thanks!:):

Get a really dark 6B pencil to add depth to the life drawing at the end (make sure the dark areas of the person such as under the hair and in the eyes are really black). Make sure you measure your page so that the body is in proportion, but your teacher will probably teacher you how to measure on Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Like mentioned, have a lot of contrast between light and dark tones. Draw what you see, not what you think you see and try not to use your fingers to blend shading and practice!

Advertisement