Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoshop or Lightroom?

• 05-05-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

So, should I be using Photoshop or Lightroom? I do have a copy of CS6 and I find it great. However, I've started shooting in RAW and I find that going through images is a pretty slow process.

What can be achieved in Lightroom? Is photoshop for more advanced photo manipulation and Lightroom for the more basic editing such as levels etc? I know you can do all this in Photoshop but if it can be done it Lightroom I might give it a go. If it's easier for going through multiple RAW files!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Why not download a free 30 day full trial of Lightroom and try it out?

I find Lightroom just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Lightroom for day-to-day management, adjustment and editing. Switch Photoshop for advanced manipulation and editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Lightroom! If you like to get a shot in camera that need little or no editing bar raw conversion, then Lightroom is all you need, the odd time you need that little bit extra then bring it into PS. By all accounts Lightroom 5 will be the all singing, all dancing version! I use Lightroom 4 and find it fits my needs perfectly. But try it and see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I'll echo that, Lightroom is faster for going through a batch of photos, and I only use photoshop now to do a bit of editing here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I downloaded the trial of LR and went shooting today. Seems to be pretty good and quite easy to understand. It's great the way you can see all of your RAW files at once. I think I'll probably use PS for more advanced editing

• Advertisement
Advertisement