Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not vaping related, but can we get Digbys ban lifted?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

It really isn't fair that he was banned for making a simple comment. It's a 11 year olds attitude to do something like "I don't like what you said, I'm going to make you go away so I don't have to reason with you".

The Mod who banned him should be removed for being unreasonable as well. He has been nothing but help to all the ex-smokers here (including me when I was picking my first kit).

He is a complete asset to the site and has probably increased the traffic here ten fold. Any mod that bans him without even trying to reason with him first should be removed for abuse of power.

We aren't in North Korea, people are supposed to have an opinion, if you don't agree with that you aren't supposed to kill them.

EDIT: don't like begging for likes, but I want to show how much the community is against the decision. The thumbs up would really help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I was thinking the same thing today actually. It's pretty quiet in here without his pearls of wisdom and witty comments....

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

You have my vote,gave me great advice too when i was starting out.....
    UP THE REVOLUTION :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Maybe you will all be banned as well for daring to question the moderators,

The mods would want to be careful, hell hath no fury as a man coming off the fags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I don't like the whole 'like this comment' system, but it would mean a lot if you could like my first post. I just want to show how many people are in support of what I said :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I wasn't aware Sir Digby was banned but it happened outside of this forum and is out of my hands. It's a matter for the feedback forum if you want to take it further or for Sir Digby himself to post in the Prison forum about it. Contacting me about it is pointless I'm afraid folks. I'm just a mod with no power over site wide decisions.

*edit I can move this thread to feedback if you think that will help. The right people will see it there not here.

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    I wasn't aware Sir Digby was banned but it happened outside of this forum and is out of my hands. It's a matter for the feedback forum if you want to take it further or for Sir Digby himself to post in the Prison forum about it. Contacting me about it is pointless I'm afraid folks. I'm just a mod with no power over site wide decisions.

Can I ask you what you think about the ban personally, forgetting you're a mod here?

Edit: Please don't move the thread (for now). I find it more relevant here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

jamie72 wrote: »
    Can I ask you what you think about the ban personally, forgetting you're a mod here?

Why was he banned? Looks like for criticising the mods on the site? Probably harsh especially considering his record here.

Edit: Please don't move the thread (for now). I find it more relevant here.

More relevant maybe but serving little purpose. I should say that Sir Digby may have a record with the site admins and this could have been the last straw rather than one specific post etc. I really know nothing about the circumstances.

mewso wrote: »
    Why was he banned? Looks like for criticising the mods on the site? Probably harsh especially considering his record here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84423553&postcount=84

If that isn't an abuse of power I don't know what is.

Maybe post a link to this thread in the the feedback section? Please cite the mod that banned him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84423553&postcount=84

If that isn't an abuse of power I don't know what is.

Feck that's pretty damn harsh.

How long did he get banned for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Regardless of whether the thread is here or in Feedback, it is Boards policy not to discuss a poster's infractions or bans with third parties. Therefore I'm afraid I'll have to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement