Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Clare

• 05-05-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Just moved to ireland and a keen shore fisherman.

I prefer to fish for what i eat, so i go for plaice, sole and other flatties along with bass.

Im not far from Ballvaughan and im looking to find the best solution before i Buy my new rods...need to know if its best to fish fanore and lahinch/liscannor or if there are some spots for taking bass also float fishing nearby...thanks in advance! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Welcome to Ireland, not too familiar with Clare marks, as regarding Bass there is a bag limit of 2 Bass per day per Angler, and their to be over 40cm. There is also a close season from 15th May to 15th June as it's prime spawning season. Leg work and your local tackle shop would be your best bet, Happy .hunting

Advertisement