Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visnoic powermax alarm going off

Options
  • 05-05-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello all, I have a VISONIC POWERMAX COMPLETE wireless system and every now and again the alarm will go off when it is armed and the house is vacant. When the alarm memory is checked it will show the zone kitchen etc . Sometimes it goes off after just leaving the house . This could happen twice a week or once a month. There is no regular pattern. I only have four pirs and so far 3 have activated the alarm for no reason. the system is two year old. I have reenrolled the two pirs that gave the most trouble and things have been ok for three to four weeks, then the third zone pir set off the alarm and this one has never acted up before. While I'm here, I had a curtain pir on a patio sliding door in a bedroom and that kept setting off the alarm during the night so much that I deactivated it. So I'm open to all suggestions. Could spiders etc set it off???

so alarm going off for no reason and different pir.

curtain pir also setting it off at patio door.

Thanks for looking
    :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's unusual that a number of sensors would be faulty.
    Try switch the good one that has never false alarmed with the one that has gone off the most. If the same device activates it must be the device. If the good one activates its the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cania

Thanks for the reply but at this stage the only pir that has not false alarmed is a pet pir in a garage. So could you explain what you mean by the environment. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What I mean is that if you take the PiR from the garage, which has never gone off, and put it in the kitchen. If it false alarms there its fair to assume it's not the unit but something in the area it's in. Likewise is the one you move into the garage doesn't go off it also shows whether that unit is faulty or not.
    Are any of the PiRs looking at windows?

Yep will change pir around as the only one that has not false alarmed is the garage one. Yes there is a pir facing a window. Would the heat from the sun or cold affect the pir. Would mice affect it.
    Also whem i dial in to the panel from an external phone to check the status it connects to the alarm system but will not accept commands.
    If the alarm goes off it rings me and i can check the status and acknowledge it
    if you have any ideas on this as the voice is operating.
    Thank you again

I would also move an PiRs that are facing a window..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

cania wrote: »
    Also whem i dial in to the panel from an external phone to check the status it connects to the alarm system but will not accept commands.
    If the alarm goes off it rings me and i can check the status and acknowledge it
    if you have any ideas on this as the voice is operating.
    Thank you again

What way do you dial in?
    Dial the Phone number.
    Wait for 2-4 rings then hang up.
    Wait 20 seconds then dial back in.
    Press star to stop the sound then enter your user code followed by the hash button.
    Then enter the commands you want?

Hi Altor,
    yep thats exactly it, only when I key in commands nothing happens and eventually the line is disconnected. I have tried it standing beside the panel and first as you say I ring ,2 rings hang up. ring again alarm answers ,star to stop the noise, input user code and hash. I can here the user code dialling in but thats as far as it goes.Then after a while I here the panel disconnecting the line. Following the manual step by step??

It all works fine if the panel dials out to let me know it has been activated and I can press my keys to get a voice status report.

cheers.

Hi Altor,
    yep thats exactly it, only when I key in commands nothing happens and eventually the line is disconnected. I have tried it standing beside the panel and first as you say I ring ,2 rings hang up. ring again alarm answers ,star to stop the noise, input user code and hash. I can here the user code dialling in but thats as far as it goes.Then after a while I here the panel disconnecting the line. Following the manual step by step??

It all works fine if the panel dials out to let me know it has been activated and I can press my keys to get a voice status report.

cheers.

Never seen any issues with it as it is set up by default.
    Will it allow you set up a two way voice, star 7 hash?

altor wrote: »
    Never seen any issues with it as it is set up by default.
    Will it allow you set up a two way voice, star 7 hash?

I don't know . I tried most commands in the manual so prob yes but will try again.
    Thanks

I don't know . I tried most commands in the manual so prob yes but will try again.
    Thanks

Your welcome, it should work as its set up by default on the complete.

• Advertisement
Advertisement