If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full HD 40" tv equivalent of 100hz picture quality?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

What tv would give me the above?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Sneachta wrote: »
    What tv would give me the above?

Hi Sneachta,

Thanks for getting in touch.

How about the new LG 42 LN540 currently priced at £449.95.  This is a new 2013 model and picture quality is great!  Full HD, 100hz, USB input and also has a satellite connection.

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln540v/lg-42ln540v

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Hi Sneachta,

Thanks for getting in touch.

How about the new LG 42 LN540 currently priced at £449.95.  This is a new 2013 model and picture quality is great!  Full HD, 100hz, USB input and also has a satellite connection.

Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln540v/lg-42ln540v

Let me know what you think.

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your reply. I probably didn't explain myself well enough. When I say 100hz I mean 100hz as in what it meant 10 years ago before all the tv companies started to  use different methods to trick the customer as to what they are buying. 

I am looking for a 40inch tv full hd, and a great picture.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your reply. I probably didn't explain myself well enough. When I say 100hz I mean 100hz as in what it meant 10 years ago before all the tv companies started to  use different methods to trick the customer as to what they are buying. 

I am looking for a 40inch tv full hd, and a great picture.
    If you could go to a 42" then the new LG 42LA620 is a proper 100Hz panel

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42la620v/lg-42la620v

It's currently down to £639.95 and boasts a F A N T A S T I C picture!

LG say it uses 200Hz MCi ( Motion Clarity index) motion processing - but we have checked it out and it's a proper 100Hz panel..

310748.jpg

Keep us posted if we can assist!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

If you could go to a 42" then the new LG 42LA620 is a proper 100Hz panel

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42la620v/lg-42la620v

It's currently down to £639.95 and boasts a F A N T A S T I C picture!

LG say it uses 200Hz MCi ( Motion Clarity index) motion processing - but we have checked it out and it's a proper 100Hz panel..

Keep us posted if we can assist!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks again for the reply. 

I am not looking for 3D capabilities, looking for excellent picture quality at good value. 
    I don't upgrade my tv often and only now because current tv (10 years old is dying) so want something with picture quality to last another 10 years

Any more suggestions?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks again for the reply. 

I am not looking for 3D capabilities, looking for excellent picture quality at good value. 
    I don't upgrade my tv often and only now because current tv (10 years old is dying) so want something with picture quality to last another 10 years

Any more suggestions?

Hi Sneachta,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately most high spec TVs these days have 3D capabilities.  Just because the TV has it doesn't mean you need to use it, completely optional.  Same with smart features also :)

The LG John quoted is fantastic.  Got one set up in store and the picture quality is excellent.  Really shows off on weekends when all the sport highlights are on.  Very impressive screen.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.