Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv equipent,

Options
  • 05-05-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

i want a very good quality dvr recorder with equally hi spec cameras, id like it to be hd quality with all the usual mobile viewing and recording onto hard drive. also with the ability to incorporate a ptz on it. 8 channel dvr I need. have expensive cars in and around my house as I run a high end transport company(fancy taxis) so I need something with very good quality image

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's a massive market. Do you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Irish General Traders Ltd
    Phone: 016283596
    Address: 2 Hills Mill Lucan, LUCAN, DUBLIN
    Irish General Traders Ltd
    SECURITY EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
    Phone: 016283596
    Address: 2 Hills Mill Lucan, LUCAN, DUBLIN

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

I want to do it at a low price but obviously you pay for what you get so im trying to strike a balance between the two. I haven't got a quote from anyone so not sure what budget I need, I want a good system that will do me and don't need all the bells and whistles, just good quality on screen and ability to record and playback with decent clarity. suppose 1500 would be the max id go but would hope to get cheaper-im not sure if this is even realistic as I don't have a clue what these things cost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

1500 is not going to get you an 8 HD cctv system, it might cover the nvr.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd have to agree with Jnealon here. You would have to more than double that for that many HD cameras. Remember with HD comes much more expensive recorders with much more storage. There is no cheap Chinese solutions if you want HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

thanks for the advice lads. probably will lose the hd idea, more expensive than I thought. is there any cctv kit for about that price that would be a good system. I probably could get away with 4 cameras but just thought to future proof it id get the 8 camera dvr. looking to spend 1500 and its for domestic security looking to monitor front back and side of house were I park a few decent cars at night. I see these Chinese cameras and dvrs online but, are they any use or should I avoid

You would get a relatively decent system for that money if your going for a self install.
    Take a look at the suppliers sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

Advertisement