Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SS Wire for genesis users

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Picture attached. Weird that I can get all the coils glow, it could be a hotspot problem although I don't understand why.

What way would you be holding it if you had it tilted with the wick facing up? If you mean is the wick in the juice then please see my previous post:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

If all coils are glowing evenly, it's not a hotshot. It's wicking, I'm assuming you've put more juice in the tank and had the same problem?? The thing is empty...

Edit: beer and phone combination...

There's still a bit in the bottom, does it need to be almost full to wick properly? Same thing was happening with half a tank....

F*ck this sh*t, I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You forgot to fill the tank? :P

Nah, I have no clue now... If the mesh is tight to the rope, the rope is submerged in juice, the coils are wrapped fine... I have no idea.

Pretty sure you've proven the existence of God, and he hates you.

• Advertisement

The mesh is tight enough that it doesn't slide around, I've gotten hot spots at the top but i can get all the coils to glow, when I tilt it right up it vapourises loads immediately.

God does hate me.

Only because He knows you're close to learning The Truth about Him.

rickyjb wrote: »
    The mesh is tight enough that it doesn't slide around, I've gotten hot spots at the top but i can get all the coils to glow, when I tilt it right up it vapourises loads immediately.

God does hate me.

It's not wicking, simple as... I've never had a genny wick verticaly with mesh. Never tried ss wire...but...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'm stumped too. Even if I just have a couple off mm of juice in the tank I can chain vape without it drying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

I have the same problem. All coils glowing perfectly when empty. Little to no vapour and zero taste. Screams wicking problem. I thought this was nigh on impossible with rope :P

I'm gone back to mesh and going to try again tomorrow with a clear head. I would love some advice.
    What I've done so far:

Oxidised the 7*7 wire rope
    Heated the kanthal
    3 wraps of 0.20
    4 wraps of 0.20
    3,4 & 5 wraps of 0.50

All giving the same results.

It doesn't even make a sound like it's burning liquid. Very VERY quite. I would say silent even. With the mesh you know when it's wicking and when it's dry by the sound. I have nothing with the rope. Could I have too much mesh around it? I'd doubt it, considering it doesnt even wrap around the rope twice. I'm stumped.

• Advertisement

FYI you don't need to oxidise the rope. Oxidising the mesh is enough. Just one wrap of the mesh around the top few mm of the rope and make sure your coil sits fairly snugly around it rather than tight.

Just a thought. Where is your airhole ending up? That version of the Aga has a screw on top cap so if you screw it down tight there is no promise the airhole will end up by the wick. If it is offset even a little then the vapour production and/or throat hit will suffer.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious.

keithg89 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. All coils glowing perfectly when empty. Little to no vapour and zero taste. Screams wicking problem. I thought this was nigh on impossible with rope :P

I'm gone back to mesh and going to try again tomorrow with a clear head. I would love some advice.
    What I've done so far:

Oxidised the 7*7 wire rope
    Heated the kanthal
    3 wraps of 0.20
    4 wraps of 0.20
    3,4 & 5 wraps of 0.50

All giving the same results.

It doesn't even make a sound like it's burning liquid. Very VERY quite. I would say silent even. With the mesh you know when it's wicking and when it's dry by the sound. I have nothing with the rope. Could I have too much mesh around it? I'd doubt it, considering it doesnt even wrap around the rope twice. I'm stumped.

If you give it the old genny tilt to force the wicking, does it vape ok fir a few drags, and then dry out??

Wicking is fine for me, but flavour is muted using the rope...maybe it needs bedding in??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

rickyjb wrote: »
    Yes, give me some credit:)

God I hate the AGA...

I tried using less mesh but hasn't really helped. The weird thing is for about 10 secs it seemed to work perfectly then just stopped again, I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Hearing this all the time.

Is the AGA really that much better than the RSST?

The RSST is simple to coil and I just love the vape. It's savage!

Never tried the AGA myself, mind.

Hearing this all the time.

Is the AGA really that much better than the RSST?

The RSST is simple to coil and I just love the vape. It's savage!

Never tried the AGA myself, mind.

Might have to get myself an RSST to compare :D

Success today. Flavour is still very very slight. Not impressed overall. I find the mesh much better. Will try it anyway for a week or so. I have ribbon kanthal ordered that should be here Monday. Will that make much, if any, difference?

I like the ribbon...and also twisted wire kanthal. Have no idea if it is something to do with surface area or what...or just my imagination.

Won't make a difference with wicking, will make a difference with TH and flavour, especially with mesh. Mesh and even the thinner ribbon like 0.3mm on a fresh coil delivers a huge TH, but I'm speaking on part of the population of Ireland that dual coils in rebuildables... There are probably about ten of us.

Well, I'm happy to report it must have been the kanthal that was the problem. Used ribbon kanthal just a minute ago. Flavour is great. Throat hit is absolutely perfect. Vaping like a train.

Won't be going back to mesh I don't think. It's fantastic. And I have enough wire, rope and mesh to do me at least a year I'd imagine.

Next up is a new mod. Vamo I think. Thanks to all on this forum once again.

Good to hear you got it sorted. Sometimes it is just a matter of experimenting with this stuff.

• Advertisement

Yeah I should have known better at this stage. I'm trying to get used to having the airhole away from me to stop it over wicking it's mad

Advertisement