Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom - Do they still exist?

• 06-05-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

DownStream Connection Speed 135 kbs
    UpStream Connection Speed 415 kbps
    I'm paying for 'up to 24Mb plus talk anytime'
    There is a resource problem here methinks when upload speed exceeds download!

The connection has been like this for a few days so I went to the smart forums and logged on only to discover that I, like many others, can no longer post there. The last person to post there did so on 19 feb 2013.

Smart have been a digiweb property for years now. Is it time to move on?

If so where? I'm in Cork city btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 "Beaker"

I have noticed them same here in Dundalk, it began sometime in the early hours of Saturday morning, rebooting the router doesn't make an ounce of difference.

I have had smart for 5 years + and only had a couple of problems in that time but in saying that always at bank holidays...........

My neighbour has Smart and has no issues at the moment, my line stats are as good as always and the router is showing 8MB/800K for the DSL connection.

Testing on speedtest.net gives bad results, strangely enough if you select the server hosted by digiweb it is by far the worst!

If he reboots his router he will be in the same boat as us.

What to do...What to do, might be time to look at Sky Broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 "Beaker"

Seems to be normal again, maybe somebody fixed something, I did reboot the router to see if it stayed stable and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Beaker wrote:
    Seems to be normal again, maybe somebody fixed something, I did reboot the router to see if it stayed stable and so far so good.
    Me not so good. Did a reconnect:
    Modem Status connected
    DownStream Connection Speed 6475 kbps
    UpStream Connection Speed 664 kbps

I just pull out the wan plug from the modem and wait for the lights to go out/ flash. We reconnect at the best available speed. Why the modem and subcriber unit can't renegotiate to this speed remains the greatest mystery..

Seven minutes later:
    Modem Status connected
    DownStream Connection Speed 1191 kbps
    UpStream Connection Speed 703 kbps

Downstream falling like a stone while upstream goes up!! Crazy stuff.

Another lost weekend thanks mr Smart.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I have only recently left Smart after being with them for many years during which the basic service was virtually always fine but latterly the customer service seemed very poor.

As an earlier poster pointed out bank holiday weekends seemed to have become very unreliable in respect of service - and of course there was no customer service available during the outages - nor was there much effort made to apologise to customers subsequently.

At one stage Smart offered excellent customer service but sadly not the case now.

Advertisement