Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleep/Wake Button not working iPhone 5

• 06-05-2013 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭

So the sleep/wake button isn't working correctly on my iPhone 5. I've never dropped the phone nor have I ever damaged it in any way. Since I bought the phone from Meteor in November is it an issue they'll have to fix or is it Apple's problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Contact Apple directly. They'll sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Both of them will accept it for repair but i would prefer to send it to apple. Just make sure you go into meteor when you get the replacement and get them to update the imei on your account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I have this problem too, just happened out of the blue. I got onto Apple yesterday and they're sending out a replacement iPhone for €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Happend to my iPhone 5 also, contacted Apple last Wednesday evening, received replacment iPhone on Friday morning, under the advance repair option (€29) !

:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

i have this issue as well now. im not paying 30e though. they'll do it for free or go to Belfast and get a swap there and then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Just an update. I rang Apple and they suggested the advanced repair for 30 euro. I understand that it's a handy option for some people but I'm not giving them more money for an iPhone 5. So I went online and requested a service. The iPhone was sent out through UPS and they are now sending me out a new phone free of charge.

Although I've been since told that none of the phones/iPads etc that Apple send out through advanced repair or through the online repair function are actually new; they are refurbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Just an update. I rang Apple and they suggested the advanced repair for 30 euro. I understand that it's a handy option for some people but I'm not giving them more money for an iPhone 5. So I went online and requested a service. The iPhone was sent out through UPS and they are now sending me out a new phone free of charge.

Although I've been since told that none of the phones/iPads etc that Apple send out through advanced repair or through the online repair function are actually new; they are refurbs.

They aren't referbs. They are remanufactured. New body, screen, battery and anything else that needs replacing v

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Anyone with this button problem - there is now a recall programme so if you paid anything apple may refund

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This is apparently a known issue with a particular batch of iPhones. You can check if yours is one of them here:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Graham wrote: »
    This is apparently a known issue with a particular batch of iPhones. You can check if yours is one of them here:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

I just put in my model number and it says I am eligible for the repair. What is my next step to do? Will it take them long to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

hsan wrote: »
    I just put in my model number and it says I am eligible for the repair. What is my next step to do? Will it take them long to fix it?

Apple will fix your handset only if the button is broken.
    If your serial number is eligible for repair but the button is still working, then they wont replace it.
    I am in the same situation as you and the customer care told me this.

Advertisement