Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fork Oil of a bankholiday?

• 06-05-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Was going to do my seals today, but forgot to get the oil. Anywhere open today that might do it? In typical enough fashion, went into town for the seals, got them, forgot the oil. No matter, sure I'll get the oil when I'm up at the japanese vintage show, still forgot to get it, Sake :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Use cooking oil until a bike shop opens :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Halfords?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Cheers Bryner.Never crossed my mind, they do it n'all
    Fork oil
    and Cienciano, I'll probably come back with a bottle a crisp n dry inanyways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Completely forgot about halfords. Good call!

Handy spot when stuck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is there a particular fork oil for bank holidays ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i used atf the last 2 times i did the seals in the trials bikes, thats what i was told by someone much wiser than me to use as its 10w same as fork oil. tbh i dont notice any difference between that and the expensive motul i used to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Seals done, bars raised, new clocks, let the weekend begin!!!
    Oh wait...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

serious3 wrote: »
    i used atf the last 2 times i did the seals in the trials bikes, thats what i was told by someone much wiser than me to use as its 10w same as fork oil. tbh i dont notice any difference between that and the expensive motul i used to use
    Thats what was used back before Fork oil became widely available.
    Its actually specced for my bike in the service manual, from 1988.
    Its about 10w and is good for seals as well.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Is there a particular fork oil for bank holidays ? :rolleyes:

Very Helpfull!

• Advertisement
Advertisement