Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix USA? What to watch?

• 06-05-2013 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

Well, it's a lazy bank holiday Monday and I'd like to watch something good on netflix US but can't seem to find anything I like on my front page menu. Now I've already watched fantastic stuff like all of West Wing, Madmen, Revenge, House of Cards etc. Anybody any suggestions for me? I really don't want to watch Breaking Bad as I don't think it would be my thing so anything else really, all suggestions very welcome.:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 32870037

Breaking Bad. A very good series and 49 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Eh yeah thanks but no thanks, not my bag, anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sopranos
    entourage
    The wire
    sons of anarchy

pick one they are all unbelievable .

Thanks that's a great list, would never have thought of them, that's my day sorted so. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Paranorman is a great film, not long out on DVD and is on the US Netflix, lots of great shows like Family Guy, American Dad, How I Met Your Mother, Archer. Some of the Comedy Roast shows are great too for a laugh.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    sopranos
    entourage
    The wire
    sons of anarchy

pick one they are all unbelievable .

All bar Sons of Anarchy unavailable to stream, and that doesn't sound like my thing, more a guys series.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Saved by the bell - classic blast from the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

All bar Sons of Anarchy unavailable to stream, and that doesn't sound like my thing, more a guys series.

That's because the rest are HBO series and will most likely never be shown on Netflix. Not much point recommending random American tv series in a Netflix thread :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Discovery's Gold Rush - Loving it on the U.S Netflix at the moment.

Bank Holiday TV at it's best!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think since this seems to be more about actual programmes than the platform I think Television is probably a better bet OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Friday Night Lights. First show I watched when I got the US Netflix, and it's outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The Shield (if it's on it) - best cop show ever!

Not just for guys either. I know several women who enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Scandal is pretty good too, its not on air here at all that I know of. Also I'm getting very into Mad Men and Revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

Superb tv show. In my top 3 shows of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Shield is HBO, not on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,784 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ShaneU wrote: »
    The Shield is HBO, not on there

It's FX actually.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Scandal is pretty good too, its not on air here at all that I know of. Also I'm getting very into Mad Men and Revenge.

Excellent series, watched it already, very fast, with great dialogue. Awaiting the next season with baited breath :D:D

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Friday Night Lights. First show I watched when I got the US Netflix, and it's outstanding.

Ok I think I'll give this one a go, thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The Killing (US version - haven't seen the Danish one) is terrific. Once you don't mind subtitles, Henning Mankell's Wallander and the Millennium trilogy miniseries are some of the best drama I've ever seen. Weeds is good for a laugh although it lost the plot a bit in later seasons. Cheers and Frasier prove that great comedy doesn't age. There's a lot of Star Trek on there as well although that isn't for everyone :)

I know you don't want to watch it, but I really would encourage you to try Breaking Bad. I didn't think I'd like it either but I'm now waiting with bated breath for the last few episodes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

If op has access to us netflix, they could get Crackle. First 2 series are on there. It's free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Eh yeah thanks but no thanks, not my bag, anything else?

no hope for you then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

While everyone should watch The Shield, it aint on Netflix.

Plenty to watch. I enjoy scrolling through and seeing what I can put into the instant queue. Loads of good documentaries - Erasing Hate is very interesting. The Bob Marley one is outstanding, if a little long.

The League, Parks & Rec, Archer are all very good comedies.

Plenty good movies to see as well. Though they are "genre'd" may be a bit off putting - like Red State is listed as a horror. Its a very good thriller. No way is it horror.

NotorietyH wrote: »

Thanks Notoriety,

On episode 9 of the first season on this already and I love it, I would never ever have found it, if you hadn't recommended, so thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Star Trek TNG
    Law and Order SVU
    Parks and Recreation

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

I know you weren't mad about giving Sons of Anarchy a watch, but I can tell you it's definitely not just a guy's show. I remember when I first seen ads for it when it was starting to be shown over here and I actually laughed at it - I never thought I'd like it, but it is one of my favorite current series.
    And if you have any way to get your hands on The Wire and The Shield - such good television. I never watched them when they were on but got the box sets a couple of years ago and couldn't believe I'd left it so long to give them a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

yeah FNL is great
    supernatural and dexter very good too and I think the shield might be on netflix canada or mexico.
    Is the Good wife on it yet? thats a fave of my wife and I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

Just to follow up a previous post of mine, If anyone is interested in the Shield and has access to US do-dats and deelys they could try Crackle.

http://www.crackle.com/ is free, has first two seasons as well as occassional other decent film/series in amongst the mostly not very good stuff. There is a PS3 app for it too.

Advertisement