Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 1 Results

Options
  • 06-05-2013 10:06am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Texans @ Titans

Texans receive but have to punt
    Johnson TD, Titans then force a fumble on the KO return
    Heyward Bey TD
    Titans force a punt.

Locker goes on a great drive but throws a redzone pick but Texans have a quick 3 and out but Locker gives it straight back to the Texans. Titans D shuts them down again though
    Wright TD

HT and Titans up by 21-0 and receiving
    On the first play Heyward Bey takes an 80 yard throw into the end zone
    Texans punt

C2J goes down injured... but its nothing serious

TE Johnson takes a TD pass to getthe Titans to the 35-0 Mark
    Titans force apunt move down field and then punt it out from the 5 yard line

Titans kneel it out, but.. no Locker fumbles on the kneel down and JJ watt recovers! Cromartie then picks off a hail mary.

Titans with 453 yards of offense, 89 rushing
    Texans with 88 yards of offense, 14 rushing :D

Locker with a rating of 123, 19 from 25, 379 yards, 4 TDs and 2 ints
    Johnson gets94 yards and a TD on the ground but 184 yards in the air

New guy Heyward Bey gets 121yards and 2 TDs

Pretty easy day at the office for the Titans in the first game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Texans @ Titans

Texans receive but have to punt
    Johnson TD, Titans then force a fumble on the KO return
    Heyward Bey TD
    Titans force a punt.

Locker goes on a great drive but throws a redzone pick but Texans have a quick 3 and out but Locker gives it straight back to the Texans. Titans D shuts them down again though
    Wright TD

HT and Titans up by 21-0 and receiving
    On the first play Heyward Bey takes an 80 yard throw into the end zone
    Texans punt

C2J goes down injured... but its nothing serious

TE Johnson takes a TD pass to getthe Titans to the 35-0 Mark
    Titans force apunt move down field and then punt it out from the 5 yard line

Titans kneel it out, but.. no Locker fumbles on the kneel down and JJ watt recovers! Cromartie then picks off a hail mary.

Titans with 453 yards of offense, 89 rushing
    Texans with 88 yards of offense, 14 rushing :D

Locker with a rating of 123, 19 from 25, 379 yards, 4 TDs and 2 ints
    Johnson gets94 yards and a TD on the ground but 184 yards in the air

New guy Heyward Bey gets 121yards and 2 TDs

Pretty easy day at the office for the Titans in the first game

Ha only locker could fumble the kneel out!!! Well maybe Sanchez could too...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It was a bit odd as it was the 3rd kneel down so 2 had been fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

On the topic of QB's messing up I had Matt Flynn fumble a FG for me online last week....all he had to do was hold it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Pack start the season with a tough trip to Candlestick but come out on top 38-17.

Rodgers stats illustrate how good the 9ers defence was (55%, 15 completions, 2 TDs, 3 INTs with longest completion 31 yards).

Opening the game with a KO return TD for the Packers had the 9ers on the backfoot and 2 pick sixes piled on the misery.

The 9ers o-like held up very well to the Pack's pass rush however and it was simply a couple of misreads of underneath coverage that cost the 9ers Alex Smith.

9ers defence will be very difficult to have much joy against.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions edge the Cardinals 24-17. Romo started well and was near perfect for the whole game, throwing 3 TD's all to megatron I think.

Detroit took a 21-3 lead before going into meltdown.

Romo threw a pick 6 to bring it back to a 14 point game, then threw another pick on the next drive.

In the end the Lions got out with the win but it was more difficult than it needed to be.

Happy with my running game, Best and James alternating carries and both getting about 4 YPC. James did however have a fumble that was recovered by Arizona.

Good game Padraic, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Falcons 38 - 17 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets beat the colts 41-20 .

Good to get the ring rust off ! The Colts first two opening drives were excellent and garnished 10 points. Could have been 14-. Jets make a stand on there 3 yard line.

After that the jets worked there ground game . After that a pick 6 made it more comfortable . 7 sacks for the Jets helped the cause.

Mark Sanchez had a controlled game with no turnovers and a QB rating of 137.5 .

Thanks for the game rock ! Good luck for your season

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Tight game in Cincinatti as Ravens squeeze out victory over Bengals 20 - 17

Great same, close the whole way!

Some spectacular catches a long the way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jets beat the colts 41-20 .

Good to get the ring rust off ! The Colts first two opening drives were excellent and garnished 10 points. Could have been 14-. Jets make a stand on there 3 yard line.

After that the jets worked there ground game . After that a pick 6 made it more comfortable . 7 sacks for the Jets helped the cause.

Mark Sanchez had a controlled game with no turnovers and a QB rating of 137.5 .

Thanks for the game rock ! Good luck for your season

Thanks dave, best of luck with your season, same story as last season for me, Interceptions, tried to wait til last second to throw which invariably led to getting sacked, then i threw the 2 picks, anyway no excuses i was well beaten, your run game was brilliant as was the defence, guess its back to the drawing board.......again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1|2|3|4|Final
    Team Gronk|7|3|3|7|20
    Chiefs|0|0|0|14|14

Matt Cassel makes his first start on his second time serving as the Pats QB at his previous teams stadia.

His first drive is shaky and goes 3 and out. Another new addition to the New England side punter Chris Kluwe gets some boot into it and it is fielded cleanly by the Chiefs return man. Mayo forces the fumble and the Pats left guard Leo Mankins, who showed some good hustle getting down the field, scoops up the football and takes it the duration for six points. BIG MAN WITH THE FOOTBALL!! XP is good.
    Chiefs go 3 and out.

Nick Collins gets the pick in his own redzone to pet a stop to the next drive by NE.
    Succopp misses the FG to give the ball back to NE. They can't do anything with the ball though, even though Gronk made a great catch up the sideline on 3 and 21 to keep the chains moving.
    Dwayne Bowe makes an outstanding diving catch at the sideline with a half acre of space around him doing a tremendous job of keeping the feet inbounds.
    On the next play though, Chung forces the fumble on Charles and Mayo recovers it for NE.
    Pats have the ball on the KC 4 yard line. 3rd down, Cassell rolls out to his right, evades a tackler, he is dropping back, dropping back, dropping back some more, then he gets levelled at the 17 yard line. Pats take the field goal with a minute left in the half.
    Chiefs try to air it out to no avail as Marcus Trufant picks it off. Sadly he partially tears his PCL in the process and is out for 11 weeks.
    Pats move the ball down the field. helped out by a roughing the passer call on 3rd down. Sadly Cassell continues the "Brady Effect" by throwing another interception.
    Chiefs kneel to get to half time. Score is 10-0 to NE

Kansas punts it away, and it is returned beautiful by 2nd year return man Elijah Mitchell. Sadly nothing comes of it but three points from the boot of Gostowksi. 13-0 NE

Pat Chung forces his second fumble of the game on a Jason Meriam scramble, but KCC recover the ball. Punted away by Kansas. Then KC LB Houston breaks himself trying to hit Cassell. NE punt the ball away on 4th and inches.

We have two more injured players within 4 plays of each other. Pats safety Gregory who pinches a nerve making a goal line tackle. He gets told to man up and gets back into the run of things. Chiefs QB runs in for a TD. Then Chiefs Safety Collins bruises his elbow.and takes a few plays off to recover.
    Kluwe punts the ball like it he is in the dying seconds of an Junior B championship final searching for his midfielder to pluck it from the sky, and sure enough he finds his man, the 1 yard line.
    Well the Pats through everybody and the kitchen sink in an attempt to get the safety, but somewhere along the line the fullback was ignored. The ball got dumped off to him and he made 49 yards on the play :o
    We are at the 2 minute warning, KCC have the ball on 3rd down at the Pats 33 down 13-7.
    They drive down to the redzone, but fail to convert on 4th down.. Pats do the same and have to punt it away with 43 seconds left. KCC take advantage of Trufants absence and throw it deeeeeeeeppppp down the field to Baldwin for six points and tie up the game. The xp is good and they go up 14-13.
    Pats have 35 seconds and 3 timeouts to get into FG range.
    Ball is on the 23 yard line. One reciever to the left, two out on the right, one tight on the right, one weakside back . Lloyd in the slot is the hot route. He is running an out but it isn't working he is double covered. It's zone coverage. His own man and Welkers man are all over him. Welker is wide open. Plan G comes into effect. The ball gets heaved down field over the head of Siler the linebacker, and in between Flowers and Berry. Gronky hauls it in at the KC 43 yard line. Flowers mistimed the catch and loses a step. Siler doesn't have the pace to catch him, it is just Berry. 40...35...30...25....He has the legs to go...20...15...They won't catch him...10...5...TOUCHDOWN
    77 Yards Cassell to Gronk. Up yours Brady! Xp is good Pats go up 20-14 with 22 seconds left to play. KC have 1 TO. Return the kick to the 25.

Man up Three Deep all the way. D-Line get audibled in to a deep zone coverage. Ball gets snapped. 11 men drop back into deep coverage. And it is picked off by Tre Brown, Marcus Trufants backup.
    Pats kneel out the clock and go home with the W.

Gatorade MOTM was Mankins for his fumble recovery for a TD.

Merian: 12-18 270 yards. 1 TD, 2 Int. 77 Long
    Cassel: 15-32 226 Yards. 1 TD, 3 Int, 77 ong

Charles. 34 yards on 16 rushes.
    Ridley: 53 yards on 13 rushes.
    Merian: 17 yards on 4 rushes. 1 TD

Gronk: 142 yards, 7 catches, 1 TD
    Welker, 40 Yards, 3 Catches
    Baldin: 113 yards, 4 Catches, 1 TD

The Right Tackle that I drafted last season who gave up 35 sacks in that season is still doing the business. He gave the chiefs 4 of their 5 sacks. Jackson LE got 3, Hali LB got 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

NekoChan wrote: »
    Tight game in Cincinatti as Ravens squeeze out victory over Bengals 20 - 17

Great game, close the whole way!

Some spectacular catches a long the way

Some mad catches alright! Happy to pick up the win, but very unhappy with how my offense was for the majority of the game. Couldn't run to save my life!

Looking forward to the return fixture Neko

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers 51 @ 24 Raiders

Nice road win to open the season for The Steelers. The scoreline flatters me in fact. The game was close at the half only 6 in it, but an early TD in the third meant that The Raiders were chasing the game and then the INTs came.

Raiders had a stout run d, and kept the Steelers backs quiet for most of the game but Ego McKoy broke one in the fourth for over 80 yards.

Jacoby Ford and Jared Cooke Jr both left the game injured which didn't help the Raiders cause, Cooke should be good to go next week,Ford looks set to miss 5 weeks with a dislocated hip.

Thanks for the game, and nice chatting, stick with the run game a bit more, and try a few play actions, you have the receivers to cause havoc with them.

The Raiders GMs parting words were a request concerning The Ravens, I will try my best.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Steelers 51 @ 24 Raiders

Nice road win to open the season for The Steelers. The scoreline flatters me in fact. The game was close at the half only 6 in it, but an early TD in the third meant that The Raiders were chasing the game and then the INTs came.

Raiders had a stout run d, and kept the Steelers backs quiet for most of the game but Ego McKoy broke one in the fourth for over 80 yards.

Jacoby Ford and Jared Cooke Jr both left the game injured which didn't help the Raiders cause, Cooke should be good to go next week,Ford looks set to miss 5 weeks with a dislocated hip.

Thanks for the game, and nice chatting, stick with the run game a bit more, and try a few play actions, you have the receivers to cause havoc with them.

The Raiders GMs parting words were a request concerning The Ravens, I will try my best.......

The offense just decided they thought the could win without catching the ball, Hester was the standout man alongside a saucy touchdown pass to McFadden, otherwise steelers ran riot on defence! Best of luck in the rest of the season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos 41 Chargers 7

A strange game this.
    It was 10-7 at half time and was really close.
    Chargers TD came when on their own 15 yard line on 3rd and 13/14.Broncos went with a heavy blitz,Charger o-line held long enough for Rivers to pass to Floyd on the streak with no safety in sight,brought it home for an 80+ yard TD.
    Chargers had 2 big goal line stands too,the first was 1st and goal with 1 yard to go,try as they may the Broncos couldn't make it and had to take a FG.
    Second time on 1st and goal Manning threw an int an the 3rd attempt.
    Actually there was another goal line stand in the 2nd half where Manning threw another int.
    Broncos TD came when on their own 40 with 35seconds left in the 2nd quarter they chanced passing it up the field(which has backfired so many times before) and make it in for a TD with 4 seconds to spare.
    A turning point in the game actually happened on the kickoff,Broncos decided to squib it to avoid the big return which Matthews picked up and was hit hard,broken collarbone,out of the game.Matthews was having a good game on the ground at this stage,making good yards so this was a big loss.
    (later in the game too,WR Cherry was knocked out with a broken jaw).

After half time I think the Broncos scored on the first drive to go 17-7 up.
    With Matthews out of the game and trailing the Chargers went to pass a bit more.Broncos managed to pick off 1 or 2 for TD to extend to lead and were able to hold it till the end.

GG Shane,the loss of Matthews was huge as he was gaining yards,I thought the game was getting away from me with the 2 goal lline stands but the TD at the end of the quarter was important.

From a Broncos point of view on offense Cruz was great,really took the pressure off Tamme and Thomas,on D Woodyard had 3 ints 2 for tds I love this player
    *Peyton Manning also ran for 14 yards from 2 attempts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dolphins 28-56 Jaguars.

Bit of a mental game here as well. The jags raced out to an early lead with 2 rushing TD's for MJD and a TD pass to Heath Miller, the Dolphins put together a nice drive for a TD before half but the Jags grabbed a quick one on a huge reception from Hakeem Nicks (who is so much fun btw) to have the score at 28-7 at half. I made a bad read and the Dophins jumped a pick 6. A TD pass to Blackmon and a long rushing TD for rookie HB Justice Lewis restored a big lead. The 4th quarter had 4 touchdowns, 2 well crafted scores for the Dolphins after another TD for Nicks were cancelled out by a long run by new backup HB Ben Tate. I have serious depth at HB this year, all 3 can be very effective and all had over 11 yards per carry in this game.

Well played Carroller, your offence is nice when you take your time, you rushed a few reads and forced some passes, if the man is covered don't be afraid to take off with Tannehill, he can run well. Other than that keep at it and you will improve. Cheers for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

St Louis Rams (Version 3) roll into The Superdome and leave with a heartbreaking loss.

Game starts well with both teams stringing together some nice drives, with Colston a constant thorn in the side of Rams D, and new Rams signing Shady McCoy slashing his way thru the Black and Gold D.

With a HT score of 14-10 to the Saints there was all to play for in the 2nd half.

I've noticed a trend with alot of Week 1 games, a tight close 1st half, followed by a madcap 2nd.

And this game was no better.

The 3rd quarter was quiet-ish with the Rams scoring a TD and taking the lead and keeping the high octane Saints out.
    Then came the madness....

6 TDs in the 4th quarter alone!!!!!

I lost track of who scored what, think there was a Green catch, juke and then gone, followed by a Graham pivot and catch TD in reply for the Saints.

We both forgot about going for 2pt conversions a few times, and then the Saints went into the lead, leaving 1.30 on the clock!!!

However disaster as the Rams go no huddle and then try to force the ball and give up a pick 6.

Down by 9 now, its Hail Marys all the way but to no avail.

Rams lose 42-33

Great game Raoul, to and fro the entire game and a number of great plays and catches on both sides!! Wish i had a QB like Brees!!

Next up for the Rams, a return for Shady to Philly and trying to keep Desean Jackson quiet!!

Advertisement