Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food through pre clearance

• 06-05-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

We are travelling to the United States on wednesday. Just wondering what the position is with regards to taking food through the pre clearance at Dublin airport. I am thinking probably chicken and salad and maybe some cheese. There would definitely be both meat and dairy. It would be consumed in flight and not carried into the United States when we land. I can't find the answer to this anywhere and just don't want to spend a fortune on my nice Avoca salad and have it confiscated. Anybody know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Maisie wrote: »
    We are travelling to the United States on wednesday. Just wondering what the position is with regards to taking food through the pre clearance at Dublin airport. I am thinking probably chicken and salad and maybe some cheese. There would definitely be both meat and dairy. It would be consumed in flight and not carried into the United States when we land. I can't find the answer to this anywhere and just don't want to spend a fortune on my nice Avoca salad and have it confiscated. Anybody know??

You are not permitted to bring any meat or dairy product into the US, preclearance in Dublin is classed as US soil so therefore it must be consumed befor entering US preclearance. I hope this answers your question!

Advertisement