Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative English Study Question Regarding Texts

• 06-05-2013 11:23am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering do you have to study a film for the comparative study?

I was planning on doing 'How Many Miles To Babylon' a novel, 'Wuthering Heights' a novel and ' The Lonesome West' a play but everybody I talk to seems to be doing a film, a play and a novel?

Am I ok with my texts? Am I missing out by not studying a film?
    And if I am ok, what's the preoccupation with studying a film as part of the comparative? Everyone I know has studied a film.

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

A film is not a requirement for this. You can choose any three texts and not have a film. The question only needs three different stories, novels or whatever and a film is not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

No you don't, im doing the great gatsby, all my son's, and the road (novel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

JackD9922 wrote: »
    Hi

I was wondering do you have to study a film for the comparative study?

I was planning on doing 'How Many Miles To Babylon' a novel, 'Wuthering Heights' a novel and ' The Lonesome West' a play but everybody I talk to seems to be doing a film, a play and a novel?

Am I ok with my texts? Am I missing out by not studying a film?
    And if I am ok, what's the preoccupation with studying a film as part of the comparative? Everyone I know has studied a film.

Thanks very much!

No, you do not have to study a film. The only stipulation from the 40-ish texts is that you cannot study more than one film. Aside from that, you have free reign over text choice.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

Thanks very much guys for the responses!
    Much appreciated

Advertisement