Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

water damaged iphone 4s

• 06-05-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

OK folks i left my iPhone in my jeans that went into the wash and now the phone wont turn on, i have dried it out and have been looking online for ways to fix it. now before i open it up and start to do a few things i have seen online, is there anywhere you would recommend i try out first.

and if anyone has had one fixed with water damage how much did it cost and where did you go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

How long ago did it get wet and how did you did you dry it?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

guil wrote: »
    How long ago did it get wet and how did you did you dry it?

it was yesterday and put it a bowl of rice tilted up slightly so that any extra water left in the phone would dribble out. i went straight online after it happened and every site went to said to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

A member here fixes them and recommends hoovering at the dock connector to draw as much water out and then leave in a sealed bowl of rice for 2-3 days minimum. Don't try turning on whatever you do

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

guil wrote: »
    A member here fixes them and recommends hoovering at the dock connector to draw as much water out and then leave in a sealed bowl of rice for 2-3 days minimum. Don't try turning on whatever you do

o crap i tried turning it on there a few times :(

i even tried charging it cos it was dead when it went into the wash, and i though that it might just need a charge.

but i will give it a shot anyway and i will get back on here and say if it worked for me. thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you search boards you should find a good few topics on this already. One thing to mention that if you don't get your phone working you could try and get it repaired in a shop, but apple will do a out of warranty repair for water damage (they'll actually just give you a new phone). It will cost you around €210 for a 4s though... Details on apple's own website, Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement