If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the cheapest 40 to 42 inch TV with dual tuners- saorview and satellite

Options
  • 06-05-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

What is the cheapest 40 to 42 inch TV with dual tuners- one for saorview and one for free to air satellite?
    I currently have a TV which gives me the saorview channels and then a free to air satellite box which gives me free to air channels from England etc. I have to use the TV remote control for the Irish channels and then use the Satellite box for the English channels.

I wish to buy a TV which I can work the saorview channels and free to air channels from the one remote control so I am looking for a 40-42 inch TV which will have a dual tuner.
    I know that some of the more expensive panasonics TVs have this.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kala85 wrote: »
    What is the cheapest 40 to 42 inch TV with dual tuners- one for saorview and one for free to air satellite?
    I currently have a TV which gives me the saorview channels and then a free to air satellite box which gives me free to air channels from England etc. I have to use the TV remote control for the Irish channels and then use the Satellite box for the English channels.

I wish to buy a TV which I can work the saorview channels and free to air channels from the one remote control so I am looking for a 40-42 inch TV which will have a dual tuner.
    I know that some of the more expensive panasonics TVs have this.

Hi Kala,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

We just got some new LG LED screens in and we were very surprised to see that they had a satellite input on the back.  John was installing one for a customer and decided to try it out.  Connected a satellite to the screen and it worked a treat.  The good news is you don't have to spend silly money for it :)

LG 42 LN540V currently priced at £449.95.  Full HD, 100hz LED screen.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42ln540v/lg-42ln540v

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

what kind of warranty and delivery terms do you have for the LG television

Also, do you have any Panasonic TVs which have saorview and satellite tuners? ( preferably one that is good for watching GAA matches!)- maybe plasma would be the best ??

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kala85 wrote: »
    what kind of warranty and delivery terms do you have for the LG television

Also, do you have any Panasonic TVs which have saorview and satellite tuners? ( preferably one that is good for watching GAA matches!)- maybe plasma would be the best ??
    40/42" Saorview & FreeSat TV's are pretty scarce and we don't have any Panasonics in this category at the moment (well not until you get to the T-XL42FT60 LED)

Your best option at the moment with a licenced Freesat HD tuner and Saorview certification is the Samsung UE40F6500 at £899.95 / €999.99

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f6500/sams-ue40f6500

It really is a pretty stunning piece of kit...
    310764.jpg

We have them available from stock in our main warehouse - so if you would like to grab one please just drop us a line.

On the LG Satellite range - that 42LN540 looks great! - and the standard LG warranty is 12 months  - however you can increase this to 5 years with our superpanel for just 10% of the purchase price - see the details here: http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

Thanks again for the post and give us a shout if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.