Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 06-05-2013 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't seem to be responding today, & no avatar is showing beside my username in the floating bar.

Its causing page loading to hang, & the 'go to new post' button brings me to the new post but because the page hasn't loaded properly, the post is only half visible until I scroll to see the whole thing.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Was just about to report this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

I'll do my best to look into this today, away from home on a laptop atm though, so may have to hold out until I'm back in the office tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same here. Pages taking ages to load. Started around 4 this morning. Thought it was Opera playing up but obviously not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Getting the same here too. Adblocking avatar.b-static.net will work until it gets properly fixed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Also having this issue.

• Advertisement

We're working on this now

Issues on avatar.b-static should be resolved now, thanks for the reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This problem seems to be back again.

Everything seems fine here, you're positive its avatar.b-static?

It was a bit slow earlier, but seems to have settled down.

• Advertisement

Afaik we dropped a webnode back into production this morning after some time out for updates, I'm guessing it probably had something to do with that.

I'll leave this marked as resolved for now, but will keep an eye on it. Any further issues just let me know, thanks for the heads up.

Everything seems fine here, you're positive its avatar.b-static?

It definitely was. Out to lunch atm. I'll check again when I get back to the office.

Yep have confirmed it here, not sure what the issue is atm, will take a better look into it now this afternoon hopefully. Thanks for the heads up.

Seems ok now but appears intermittent. One refresh had a delay with b-static and the next one was fine.

Just a bump to say this is happening for me again. I don't know if it's related, but I'm seeing intermittent packet loss to 89.234.66.105, but not from the previous hop 193.242.111.20 (Digiweb's INEX gateway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

We've no known issues with b-static.net right now, nor the .105 load balancer - Just ran some tests there, including a 5 minute 400 packet ping, 0% packet loss. Are you going over IPv4 or IPv6?

We've no known issues with b-static.net right now, nor the .105 load balancer - Just ran some tests there, including a 5 minute 400 packet ping, 0% packet loss. Are you going over IPv4 or IPv6?
    IPv4 to b-static.net (no AAAA record), IPv6 to boards.ie.

It could be 'Internet weather' here; I'll do some more pinging and keep you posted.

Hm, no packet loss now, but also not seeing problems with b-static, so I'm guessing they were related. I'll keep a trace running and check with the net-heads here.

Cheers!

Thanks, I just saw a very long request come in to b-static from our development server so perhaps there is something up. Will keep an eye on it from our end too, cheers for the heads up.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,613 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I'm also having intermittment problems with avatar.b-static, and sometimes b.scorecardresearch

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

28064212 wrote: »
    I'm also having intermittment problems with avatar.b-static, and sometimes b.scorecardresearch

We don't control scorecardresearch but will keep an eye on their response times. Cheers for confirming the issues with the avatar server

I'm re-opening this, we definitely have an issue with our avatar server at this time.

Danny

avatar.b-static.net is borked again. No packet loss, seems to be an application layer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ What he said. No idea where the issue is arising though! :)

No impact on page load times, which is good. Edit: It means a back-click to a page arrived at via 'Last Post in thread' or a click on a 'Specific Post in a user's post history' hangs at the top of the relevant page though (rather than rendering the post in question).

Edit:Also an issue with Read s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com

Edit #2 Same for b.scorecardresearch.com

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im having the same problem since yesterday evening/last night. Avatar isn't displaying and I notice also that each tab I have opened has the little green circle spinning round indicating that the page is still loading. Sorry if thats a poor description but Im not into the technical stuff.

Using Firefox 24.0 if thats relevant

Edit/ its just the little avatar up near top right of page

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Same issues here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep same here. Pages are not loading to the right position, back brings you to the top of the last page, no avatar loading in the top bar etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Same issues being discussed here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'm getting the same thing with peoples avatars beside their posts. For example if I click Mufflers profile page I see his avatar is Mutley. Yet on this thread under his name is the words "Mufflers Avatar". Its the same for everyone else on every page.
    Windows 7 home premium firefox 24.0.1

• Advertisement

Gone again. Again no packet loss.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement