Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I?

• 06-05-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can I take camper van , hired in Ireland, on the ferry to France?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

I suspect you might find that the insurance will over cover you on the island of Ireland, unless you pre-arrange with the hiring company.

Why not hire from a company abroad instead - a lot of companies hire in France with collection points near airports. The cost of flights might be the same (or less) than taking one on the boat anyway.

See - http://www.aviscaraway.com/en/ as as example.

Google the following words which should give you more options - camping car louer france (just look for the "English" option)

Best of luck whichever way you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pethelpers.ie

Thank you very much for your help. Thing is. We were hoping to shop at flea markets and wine warehouses and take it back on the boat. Time for a rethink :)
    Thanks again for your very useful help. Tina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Pethelpers.ie ,
    Our vehicles are taken out of Ireland to France or elsewhere throughout Europe quite regularly.
    We insist on our hirers taking out extra insurance to cover the repatriation of the vehicle in the event of an accident.

Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

the ferry costs and petrol costs will kill any savings

I would rv hires and ask

and book in advance as the French ones will be all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pethelpers.ie

demoreino wrote: »
    Hi Pethelpers.ie ,
    Our vehicles are taken out of Ireland to France or elsewhere throughout Europe quite regularly.
    We insist on our hirers taking out extra insurance to cover the repatriation of the vehicle in the event of an accident.

Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Thanks a mill Kevin. Headed to your website now! Tina. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement