Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec aalrtm system fault

Options
  • 06-05-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, My alarm went off yesterday. When we got home all keypads were dead and could not turn off alarm. Powered down and disconnected battery and keypad came back on. When I checked logs for time of alarm all it had on panel was MAINS and BATTERY with no actual fault. There was no power failure that I am aware off. It this possibly a battery going dead. How many batteries are used on the Astec 49D system . I know there is one in behind the main pcb. Is there one located in the external siren box and if so how would I know this one was failing. The system is about 7 years old. I have changed the battery located inside in the main control unit about one year ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The main panel battery is the only one you would be changing..have you a meter to check the voltage on that battery?
    If you turn off the mains power does the system hold up on the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

gerandy wrote: »
    Hi, My alarm went off yesterday. When we got home all keypads were dead and could not turn off alarm. Powered down and disconnected battery and keypad came back on. When I checked logs for time of alarm all it had on panel was MAINS and BATTERY with no actual fault. There was no power failure that I am aware off. It this possibly a battery going dead. How many batteries are used on the Astec 49D system . I know there is one in behind the main pcb. Is there one located in the external siren box and if so how would I know this one was failing. The system is about 7 years old. I have changed the battery located inside in the main control unit about one year ago.

Sounds like a issue with the back up battery in the control panel as the system only came back on line when you disconnected it.

Advertisement