Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annerville 10K 2013 Clonmel May 12th @2pm.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I'm doing this - its a local one for me.

I'm just a plodderer, my wish is just to finish!

Always good support for this, and there is cake and coffee for afters. yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Always head straight home after, must check out the grub and tea this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Always a very well organised race and great value..hopefully the wind stays down this year.

Three days and counting, must drag out the ole HRM and check the batteries! :)

I just checked the weather forecast, no rain and little wind - hopefully it wont be too hot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

Annerville10k2013advert.jpgFor anyone interested in doing this, all the details about the event and a full preview of the course with photos can be seen here... http://munsterrunning.blogspot.ie/2013/05/race-noticeannerville-10k-road-race.html

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

this is a great race - a real pb route..

Weathers looking somewhat steady as well from Saturday onwards. really starting to look forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Best of luck to everyone doing the 10K. It's a great race and good spread afterwards! Working today so can't even get down to watch it. Sickened.

Sandwiches made, cakes cut, heading down early for an 'early bird t-shirt'. Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be happy just to finish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Going to head into this myself, not racing but will run it as a training session

Best of luck to all

Wee bit gusty out there and seems to be generally overcast, should keep us all cool at least! :D

Watch out for some of the Charity Teams, Cystic Fibrosis team carrying a heavy weight for the 10k, South Tipperary Civil Defence Team running for Canine Companions Autism Dogs etc.

Should be a good day guys n girls mind yourselves. See you for the tea and sarnies afterwards.

Had great run (I can say this now I've finished). Legs and right foot are sore but I'm delighted. Did a PB for 10k - 69.03 yippee. First time under 70 mins. First time I didn't stop when running either so a great run.

Coffee and cake was yummy. Best of luck to all the participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Great value race again--10 euros for a 10k + t-shirt makes a lot of races look like a joke.Pity the west wind was strong again this year on the way back but not much that can be done about that -except for to toughen up!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

hawkwing wrote: »
    Great value race again--10 euros for a 10k + t-shirt makes a lot of races look like a joke.Pity the west wind was strong again this year on the way back but not much that can be done about that -except for to toughen up!
    +1

Wind was only patchy, if you hid behind others:D. Grub was A1, how it makes financial sense I'm not sure but more power to them.

Good run, great organisers, well marshalled, smashing coffee and sandwiches afterwards at the Mall, and a Team finish respectably at about 56 Mins.

As slowsteady above has said, money is not the driving force behind this annual event and I don't believe it ever was and the spread of food proves it, you could tell that there were many hands that prepared that feast! I've ran this event since 2008 and other than the odd spell of rain and wind(that back road is a real challenge running into God's breath) you won't find a finer 10k route in Munster, dare I say it, the south or Ireland for a PB guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

well done Clonmel AC for another great organised event. Even with the wind i did a PB so i am delighted with that. Tea, cakes and Sambos afterwards really hit the spot and all for €10, great value.

Advertisement