Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property tax correspondence after registering

Options
  • 06-05-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭

I send off my return form for the porpety tax a few weeks ago of which I filled in my Visa card details. The amount of property tax has not beed debited from my account as of yet. Has anyone else who send off the form to pay by bank transfer or debit/credit card had their funds debited. I am beginning to think that my form may have got mislaid in the post and with tomorrows deadline I will be hit with a a penalty fee. I rang the office in Limerick that administers the scheme and the man who answered the phone said that they cannot check if the form was received as of yet:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

it wouldn't be due to be deducted yet so no need to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

D3PO wrote: »

When you do it online they take the amount straight out of your bank even though they haven't agreed with your valuation amount :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

vickers209 wrote: »
    When you do it online they take the amount straight out of your bank even though they haven't agreed with your valuation amount :eek:
    Not really an issue. If there is a problem, they will follow up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I thought there was a big uproar over credit card payments being deducted immediately, and also surcharged 1.5%?
    I know my credit card has had its deductions made against it- they were done about 2 days after the declaration.

OP- there is a local property tax helpline- ring them, at very least it'll put your mind at ease.

smccarrick wrote: »
    I thought there was a big uproar over credit card payments being deducted immediately, and also surcharged 1.5%?
    I know my credit card has had its deductions made against it- they were done about 2 days after the declaration.

OP- there is a local property tax helpline- ring them, at very least it'll put your mind at ease.

I could have sworn having read the leaflet (that of course ive thrown out) that the tax would not be deducted until June regardless of registration. I certainly know ive registered online and not been deducted anything on my debit card yet.

Ive also received email confirmation that the registration was successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

My debit card was deducted immediately, but with no 1.5% surcharge. There would have been war if they'd added that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I could have sworn having read the leaflet (that of course ive thrown out) that the tax would not be deducted until June regardless of registration. I certainly know ive registered online and not been deducted anything on my debit card yet.

I received no confirmation- the only confirmation I have is I can see the deductions separately on my credit card statement.

I've gone through the website- apparently debit card and credit card payments are to go through immediately- if you setup a direct debit- it only gets taken after the specified date. Credit card payments attract a 1.5% surcharge, debit card payments do not.

Wonder- will I get a receipt or something- even an e-mail, for the payments?

smccarrick wrote: »
    I received no confirmation- the only confirmation I have is I can see the deductions separately on my credit card statement.

I've gone through the website- apparently debit card and credit card payments are to go through immediately- if you setup a direct debit- it only gets taken after the specified date. Credit card payments attract a 1.5% surcharge, debit card payments do not.

Wonder- will I get a receipt or something- even an e-mail, for the payments?

well good to know the system is "working well" you got debited I haven't, I got an email you didn't.

Nothing like an Irish rush job for consistently well working process and procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

According to the latest FAQs, both credit card and debit card will be deducted immediately if its a single full payment. The 1.5% surcharge only applies to credit cards.
    If you pay by monthly direct debit, payments start on 15th July.
    If you pay by single direct debit (payment in full) - will be taken no earlier than 21 July

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

billyhead wrote: »
    I send off my return form for the porpety tax a few weeks ago of which I filled in my Visa card details. The amount of property tax has not beed debited from my account as of yet. Has anyone else who send off the form to pay by bank transfer or debit/credit card had their funds debited. I am beginning to think that my form may have got mislaid in the post and with tomorrows deadline I will be hit with a a penalty fee. I rang the office in Limerick that administers the scheme and the man who answered the phone said that they cannot check if the form was received as of yet:rolleyes:

I didnt get a letter rang the helpline they took some details and I paid in the post office - Giving my pps number and band no. The po lady implored me to keep the reciept because even she wasn't clued in on this - like someone else said a rush job -
    I didn't even know there was a cut off date for registering and was sitting back waiting for a letter that did'nt arrive. I asked them to send me the letter but they said I wouldn't get it on time

• Advertisement
Advertisement