Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Coverage -- Stradbally

Options
  • 06-05-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody is having problems with Vodafone for the last week or so in Stradbally? The girlfriend is on Vodafone and I am on Three, which puts me on roaming with Vodafone as Three have no signal out here. Anyway the reception was always somewhat ok, 2 to 3 bars. Since last week we are both on 0 bars, 1 bar is a miracle but doesn't last long. Text messages come through but not a hope with voice calls. If you are lucky it will connect but you don't have a hope of hearing the other person and vice versa. Once you set foot out of Stradbally the network is perfect so not an issue with our phone. I have tried rebooting our phones to make sure it isn't a case of the network hanging on our last location. Mine does the transition from 3G to roaming on Vodafone without an issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

witless1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody is having problems with Vodafone for the last week or so in Stradbally? The girlfriend is on Vodafone and I am on Three, which puts me on roaming with Vodafone as Three have no signal out here. Anyway the reception was always somewhat ok, 2 to 3 bars. Since last week we are both on 0 bars, 1 bar is a miracle but doesn't last long. Text messages come through but not a hope with voice calls. If you are lucky it will connect but you don't have a hope of hearing the other person and vice versa. Once you set foot out of Stradbally the network is perfect so not an issue with our phone. I have tried rebooting our phones to make sure it isn't a case of the network hanging on our last location. Mine does the transition from 3G to roaming on Vodafone without an issue.
    at top menu go to BIZ then click TALK TO and down very bottom click VODAFONE they can help you there

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

at top menu go to BIZ then click TALK TO and down very bottom click VODAFONE they can help you there

Cheers for that but I have a thread open with them at the moment which they should see tomorrow AM.

From experience it is always easier when dealing with the likes of Vodafone / UPC / any service provider if more than one person seems to be having the problem. Their magic 8 ball replies always tend to say that there isn't a problem from there end, it's you not me kinda thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

witless1 wrote: »
    Cheers for that but I have a thread open with them at the moment which they should see tomorrow AM.

From experience it is always easier when dealing with the likes of Vodafone / UPC / any service provider if more than one person seems to be having the problem. Their magic 8 ball replies always tend to say that there isn't a problem from there end, it's you not me kinda thing :)
    i know exactly where your coming from, when i lived in cluain mhor in tramore i could'nt get an ounce of reception for my broadband dongle at the time and was under contract, do ya think they could even help me? NO!!! they even said if i wanted to end the contract at the time i would have to pay the remainder of its time left so i just kept paying it until the contract ended and gave em the two fingers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i know exactly where your coming from, when i lived in cluain mhor in tramore i could'nt get an ounce of reception for my broadband dongle at the time and was under contract, do ya think they could even help me? NO!!! they even said if i wanted to end the contract at the time i would have to pay the remainder of its time left so i just kept paying it until the contract ended and gave em the two fingers

Had a similar problem with o2 funnily enough with my ex. Took a battle, but o2 cancelled the service early at no fee because she couldn't get the service she was paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Vodafone are looking into it now, if I hear anything back I will update the thread just in case somebody else is having this issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement