Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for shelter or place to sleep during night in dublin

Options
  • 06-05-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello

I was assaulted in place where I rent room by tenant, Im unemployed but collecting jobseeker's allowance. My situation is that I have to get out the house asap I'm siting in my room afraid to go out... I also filed a report on this person in garda, but I suppose now we have to wait a court. I wondering should I register myself as homeless person and try go to officials for help? How does this works? I can allow to pay for a room from my dole but I'm affraid nobody will want to rent a room for unemployed person. Any advice what direction should I go would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dremo wrote: »
    Hello

I was assaulted in place where I rent room by tenant, Im unemployed but collecting jobseeker's allowance. My situation is that I have to get out the house asap I'm siting in my room afraid to go out... I also filed a report on this person in garda, but I suppose now we have to wait a court. I wondering should I register myself as homeless person and try go to officials for help? How does this works? I can allow to pay for a room from my dole but I'm affraid nobody will want to rent a room for unemployed person. Any advice what direction should I go would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

its unlikely you'll be classed as homeless as your not.
    Speak to your landlord. The other tenant should be the one to move.
    What did the guards say?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think talk to your landlord this evening and see what he thinks. If you really don't want to spend tonight there, ask friends / family if you can stay the night - it might be useful to talk to them also. Otherwise, you can probably stay in a tourist hostel for under €15 in a dorm.

Do you have a key for your room? Do you have possessions in the common area?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭lovelyjubbly

What part of the country are you in? I'm giving info for Dublin although Focus has offices in different towns. Focus Ireland homeless prevention services would probably be the best place to get all the info you need http://www.focusireland.ie/index.php/our-services/services-in-your-local-area/154-prevention-services-dublin. It has a drop in service at 9.30-1 in Dublin.

The main thing is that you are safe. Go to a hostel. How come the Guards didn't remove your housemate?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dremo

Thank you very much everybody, I found new place to stay!

Advertisement