Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comelit Intercom

Options
  • 06-05-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a Comelit (not sure exactly which model) intercom with one 3550/1 outdoor unit and three 2602 telephone units, two in bedrooms and one in kitchen. Unfortunately, these are difficult to hear if somebody comes to the front door when I'm in the living room.

Can anybody tell me how I can add a bell to this system? I'd like to add one in the hall which has easy access from the attic, where the transformer is located.

I can't seem to find a manual for the system...

E.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

just add another unit

they should have volume control

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

@shaaane - not much help really, but thanks.

@belcamp prisoner - thanks...part of the problem is that I can't find a user or installation manual for the Comelit system.

I "think" that I need to get a bell unit and extra transformer but I'm just not 100% without some kind of wiring diagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

just use parallel connection and connect fourth handset

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Or parallel a 12V relay either at the door unit or handset, and run your door bell through it. Think Comelit use 12V AC, check before you buy anything.

Edit: Schematic here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

@glynf - muchly thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Just upgraded gate access and intercom to a comelit smart kit system single unit with colour monitor model 8471S

Works fine but don't know how to programme it to keep gate open if required. Worked on old system with a little flip switch at side of handset. I have the technical manual but don't know which programme to use as it is a bit over. My head trying to avoid getting gate man back and have to pay extra as he wasn't to familiar with programming the unit and will mean me taking more time off work to wait with him

Any help would be really appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

I could be wrong but I think with some of them if you lift handset and hold to gate open button for 5 seconds it will keep the gate open.
    Otherwise fit an arcatrav switch beside handset and parrallel the release button terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

beanie10 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think with some of them if you lift handset and hold to gate open button for 5 seconds it will keep the gate open.
    Otherwise fit an arcatrav switch beside handset and parrallel the release button terminals.

This is a new all in one monitor and has no handset just buttons below small screen but when I hold unlock for 5 seconds it just activates a privacy function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

You could fit a relay in gate control box. Fit switch in house as described above wiring it back to the coil of relay. Use the relay contacts to send negative to open terminal in gate controller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement