Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Question.

Options
  • 06-05-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey everyone,

I'm heading to Vancouver on a working visa and I booked my flights awhile ago it's a connecting flight from Dublin to Toronto to Vancouver.

I booked a flight with a pretty awful waiting time in Toronto (10 hours).

I rang up Aircanada and they offered flight switch to a waiting time of 2 hours.

Now I'm a bit worried that this won't be enough time to get from one flight to the next. What do you guys think?

And in regards to visa validations etc would I be processed by customs in Toronto or Vancouver(my destination) as this would obviously affect my decision to get the 2 hour connection flight!

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Your visa will be issued when you touch down on Canadian soil, so Toronto for you. Two hours might be cutting it very fine, although a ten hour wait would drive anyone demented! If your flight from Dublin leaves late, it could be a problem. As soon as you get off the plane in Toronto, make a bust for the immigration place, you will go through a checkpoint (usually big queues here) and get asked a few questions. You then get directed to the place where they issue the visas (smaller queues but you can get held up by people acting the bollix). Just hand them your letter of introduction, get the visa and boot it to the departure gate. At least you won't need to collect your bags in Toronto, they go straight to the final destination IIRC. Honestly cannot remember how long it took me, I'd say two hours would be grand provided you don't get delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishcanadian

At least you won't need to collect your bags in Toronto, they go straight to the final destination

Incorrect, your bags will be tagged DUB/YYZ/YVR , but you will still have to clear them through Customs in Toronto (YYZ) as it's your first point of entry to Canada. The leg from Toronto (YYZ) to Vancouver (YVR) is domestic.

http://www.torontopearson.com/Connecting_international.aspx#

Good luck with your trip.

Advertisement