Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri an Mhi Sprint

Options
  • 06-05-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is on again this year? No mention on their site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Sept 7th I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Baboonwhipper

The Tri an Mhi Sprint is going ahead on the 07th September 2013.
    registration is open on sportstiming.ie and is on the Tri an Mhi website & FB
    http://register.sportstiming.ie/ps/event/TrianMhiSprintTriathlon

€40 for individual and €70 for relay. Good value for a great race in great setting. Organisation also very good and post race food a definite plus.
    I've done it the last few years and will do it again this year. It's a great end of season blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

I just registered for it. What's the course like?

The swim is brilliant. Lovely clear clean water and in September nice and warm too.
    Only about 15 meters into T1 from waters edge.
    Cycle is undulating but relatively flat. Roads will be open but not busy.
    The run is also undulating but a quick out and back route.
    There is always a good atmosphere and a bite to eat after.
    All in all well marshalled and organised. An enjoyable day out. Bring the family as the area is nice for picnics and a swim after the event.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Bumpage :D

Anyone doing this? Should be my first Tri of the year if the next two weeks go ok training wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Yup looking forward to it. Second last race of the season :(

So, the rest of us are fighting for second :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tri1ifucan

Hi there,

I went to register today for Tri an Mhi Sprint on 7th Sept but they closed off registration 4 hours ago. I am gutted. I was looking forward to my first triathlon and a bit nostalgic as it's in the local lake where I swam as a kid and haven't been back there in years. Have spent the year doing Adventure Races but really wanted to sneak in one triathlon this year and this one in particular. If any of you guys that have registered and need to cancel, can you let me know so that I can try and take your slot. Just bought a tri suit and all earlier today:(

I have written to Tri An Mhi via their facebook page and asked to be put on a wait list if it exists but no response yet.

Thanks in advance for a solution:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

That's a shame alright but there are other races before the season ends so don't rule out doing a different one.

Signed up for this myself last week, wussed out of Blacksod, really don't fancy the drive. Tri an Mhi ('hon the Royals) will most likely be my final race of a stellar year :rolleyes:

Edit :should really be Tri an Iarmhí, regardless of the club running it!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭aidanor

I'm doin this one as well, it's also my first tri:-), does anybody know if the naas tri is on sep 28th? I tried to email them and got no reply

• Advertisement

aidanor wrote: »
    I'm doin this one as well, it's also my first tri:-), does anybody know if the naas tri is on sep 28th? I tried to email them and got no reply

They started takin entries for the race last week so I presume it happening. Pretty sure entry is through the TriIre website.

Thanks, I'll try register again.

Yeah, im registered now, looking forward to the both of them now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 armen tamzarien

Hi, just wondered has anyone any info re race start time or wave starts etc ?

Pretty comprehensive race briefing knocking about this morning. 13 months since my last tri, I'm very excited :D

Who wants to predict how many minutes they'll finish behind Bambatta? At least 4.5 for myself I reckon.

Ha flip off. Im going to be tired for this one. Training on through it. Will have about 6.5hrs in me by this evening already this week!

Looking forward to it. Pity the weather is supposed to cool off a little. Is there a start list with the briefing?

I was out of action for three months. Your excuses are pathetic in comparison!

No sign of an entry list, but with two NS races on the same day its not doing to be the strongest field they've ever seen in Collinstown! Might even squeeze in a top ten finish myself :D

Oh, and cooler weather is preferred by me and my pale skinned kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 StuieC79

Water temperature last night was lovely, no problems there.

Looking forward to my last event of the year :(

Lads the water temp was 20 degrees on Wednesday.
    Start list up on Tri an Mhi website.
    Safe racing and we'll see you out on the course!

• Advertisement

Lads the water temp was 20 degrees on Wednesday.
    Start list up on Tri an Mhi website.
    Safe racing and we'll see you out on the course!

Eddie Brennan
    Joe Lynch
    Dessie Duffy

While I'm probably missing someone, I reckon thats your podium right there.

I wouldn't be so sure in that order now! Had a quick scan but its hard to know. There are always a few dark horses. If this mornings swim was anything to go by ill be doing well to get out of the water within touching distance of Dessie!

Bambaata wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure in that order now! Had a quick scan but its hard to know. There are always a few dark horses. If this mornings swim was anything to go by ill be doing well to get out of the water within touching distance of Dessie!

Robert Scanlon is another name to watch for.

I do love your sangbagging! :D

;)

We'll see on the day. All i know is i am not resting up whatsoever for this one and i am at the end of a 3 week build so if power isnt in my normal sprint range ill know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Well done Bambatta! Having a great season altogether. A nice result for BTH upon his return to racing too :cool: BTH prediction was almost spot on.

Results

Well done Bambatta! Having a great season altogether. A nice result for BTH upon his return to racing too :cool: BTH prediction was almost spot on.

Results

I named the top 4, just got the order wrong.

BTH wrote: »
    Pretty comprehensive race briefing knocking about this morning. 13 months since my last tri, I'm very excited :D

Who wants to predict how many minutes they'll finish behind Bambatta? At least 4.5 for myself I reckon.

Only 3.5 minutes. He must have been easing off :D

You shouldn't bother with that training lark BTH, it would be wasted on ya!

Thats some time for such a long layoff!! Well done

That was a hard day. Once the starter went it was fine but f me it was cold beforehand. I went out for a 20min bike to warmup and check the gears and my fingers were numb within minutes!!!! Fair play to the marshals standing out in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done Eddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Lads I hope there will be some race reports for us to enjoy/motivate/inspire ;) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Congrats Ed. Another win :cool:

Welcome back & well done BTH

Advertisement