Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranges near Dublin

• 06-05-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I live in Kill Kildare currently shoot clay & .22 rifle in courtlough / Balbriggan. I've been looking for some where closer for a while. This club sounds good! Do they cater for larger caliber rifles? & what length ranges do they have? Also the important question {specially these days}. How much is annual membership? Thanks for any help shooters :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Ranges are authorised for pistol up to .455cal and rifle up to .308cal

Range 1 - 12 firing points x 50 metres
    Range 2 - 10 firing points x 50 metres
    Range 3 - 10 firing points x 25 metres

Annual membership is €300, you pay a one off €100 joining fee. If required, insurance can be provided for an additional €50.

Pay €450 now and get 15 months membership for the price of 12 months.

Special rate of €150 for shooters who are already a member of another club. ****Proof of membership is required****

For further information, please email: derek.harbourhouse@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

Thanks for that Derek. I might take a spin down the Saturday week and have a look. Would that be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

its a great range with a nice bunch of members the new clay range set up is good fun!!!

That would be a great day to visit the range as there is an NASRPC National Competition on that day. There will be smallbore/centrefire pistol/gallery rifle and benchrest rifle events on that day.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=204734385489470644156.00048609f1d29312e596c&ll=53.061231,-6.927824&spn=0.02579,0.057163&t=h&z=14&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004860a099adf1de29f8&f=d&daddr=Harbour+House+Sports+Club+%4053.057324,-6.928554

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

It's a decent range and the clays are good crack tommy makes it a good laugh. There one of the cheapest around for the clays on a pay as you go basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

fantastic club and great set up for clays pistol or rifle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭sungear

derek_g34 wrote: »
    That would be a great day to visit the range as there is an NASRPC National Competition on that day. There will be smallbore/centrefire pistol/gallery rifle and benchrest rifle events on that day.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=204734385489470644156.00048609f1d29312e596c&ll=53.061231,-6.927824&spn=0.02579,0.057163&t=h&z=14&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004860a099adf1de29f8&f=d&daddr=Harbour+House+Sports+Club+%4053.057324,-6.928554

Is there anymore information on this?
    I looked at nasrpc.ie and can see the date is marked on the calender but, I wasnt sure if that was just what the club activities are or whether there was competitions in each category.
    Is there a timetable of events? and what are the specific matches in a discipline (if thats the correct terminology), ie T+P or Multi target or something else in smallbore gallery. Are all the events competitions or is there any friendly events?

Im in a club under the nasrpc, is there a come and try element for categories under which an individual does not hold a licence or could they participate in a competition in that manner?

and what are the fees for attending?

Apologies for the amount of info requested, I just realised this is next Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

sungear wrote: »
    Is there anymore information on this?
    I looked at nasrpc.ie and can see the date is marked on the calender but, I wasnt sure if that was just what the club activities are or whether there was competitions in each category.
    Is there a timetable of events? and what are the specific matches in a discipline (if thats the correct terminology), ie T+P or Multi target or something else in smallbore gallery. Are all the events competitions or is there any friendly events?

Im in a club under the nasrpc, is there a come and try element for categories under which an individual does not hold a licence or could they participate in a competition in that manner?

and what are the fees for attending?

Apologies for the amount of info requested, I just realised this is next Saturday.

PM sent :D:D:D:D

got it, thanks

sungear wrote: »
    ...................Im in a club under the nasrpc, is there a come and try element for categories under which an individual does not hold a licence or could they participate in a competition in that manner?.......................

Not quite sure what you mean be this statement?????

All NASRPC competitions are 'OPEN' to anyone with a current license for their firearm and current insurance.

Perhaps it's not the best place to 'TRY' a new firearm in a competition and under pressure.
    But if you are indeed proficient with your firearm then by all means give it a go. The classification system means your not competing against the 'Expert' shooters, only in your own class - which you will shoot 'into' with your first comp.

BUT it's the best time to come along and see these comps. in action and get 'The Feel' for them.

Try it once and you will go back:):):)

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    Not quite sure what you mean be this statement?????

All NASRPC competitions are 'OPEN' to anyone with a current license for their firearm and current insurance.

Perhaps it's not the best place to 'TRY' a new firearm in a competition and under pressure.
    But if you are indeed proficient with your firearm then by all means give it a go. The classification system means your not competing against the 'Expert' shooters, only in your own class - which you will shoot 'into' with your first comp.

BUT it's the best time to come along and see these comps. in action and get 'The Feel' for them.

Try it once and you will go back:):):)

Thats grand, I wasnt able to make it, I have a semi auto rifle but some other stuff came up which I could not avoid.
    I will need to look at the calender and plan better in advance about attending.

How did things go Saturday in harbour house lads. I know a few boys from here was down there.

A great days shooting. 105 competitors. Results:

http://www.nasrpc.ie/results/harbour-house-sports-club-may-2013

I was in harbour house today. Great atmosphere around the place and it was good and busy. I was looking at a cz 452 silhouette I think. Nice little gun I think I might change my 452 lux. Any one else down there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

I was down there today and signed up. Agreed their is a good friendly atmosphere in Harbour house. I like it. I have a cz style and I can't fault it. Very accurate rifle. Also compared to where I normally shoot the ammo is very reasonable in H/house.

I was in harbour house today. Great atmosphere around the place and it was good and busy. I was looking at a cz 452 silhouette I think. Nice little gun I think I might change my 452 lux. Any one else down there today.
    f100zardoz wrote: »
    I was down there today and signed up. Agreed their is a good friendly atmosphere in Harbour house. I like it. I have a cz style and I can't fault it. Very accurate rifle. Also compared to where I normally shoot the ammo is very reasonable in H/house.

Lads you's should have introduced yourselves :confused::confused::confused:

Never mind was gonna post before I went and I said no.

What times were ye boys down there. I was shooting with to guys that just signed up there yesterday aswell. It's a great place to just go in and get someone to shoot with there is always someone there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Never mind was gonna post before I went and I said no.

What times were ye boys down there. I was shooting with to guys that just signed up there yesterday aswell. It's a great place to just go in and get someone to shoot with there is always someone there.

Was there yesterday myself, was on the benchrest line and was introduced to 2 lads, if ye are there next weekend say hello

homerhop wrote: »
    Was there yesterday myself, was on the benchrest line and was introduced to 2 lads, if ye are there next weekend say hello

Where you firing I was on there for a couple of mins myself.

Prob a bit late now but anyone in harbour house this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Prob a bit late now but anyone in harbour house this afternoon.

You are correct

Just back in from there myself good crack all the same and sure it was hard enough with the wind.

Just back in from there myself good crack all the same and sure it was hard enough with the wind.

Did you join up????
    It's well worth the small money for club fees for what the range has to offer

No I didn't. Not joining this year because I spend a few bob on setting up for stalking

Advertisement