Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl WLan Repeater

Options
  • 06-05-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a query regarding the SWR 300 A1 WLAN repeater I bought today in Lidl. I intend to connect the repeater to a satellite receiver using a LAN cable to avail of player/on demand services. I would like to know if the repeater is capable of doing this & if so how. I have a basic understanding of networks but I'm no expert in this area.--If it is not capable I can return it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

In theory you can create a wireless bridge to your primary router provided that also has wireless capabilities and both can be set to bridge mode.

I've never used a SWR300 so I don't know you can enable bridging on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tad33

Thanks for the reply FSL. I'm currently away from home so I'm unable to experiment with it at the moment. I take it that I need to look up how to setup a wireless bridge in order for it to what I want.

Advertisement