Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea Away - Take the Bridge!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

done well to come back but it looks like Thursday night football and goodbye mr bale.

irishmover wrote: »
    Really? Lets just hope the players don't share your pessimism.

can you honestly see Chelsea or arsenal dropping points? and us getting 6 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tom1ie wrote: »
    can you honestly see Chelsea or arsenal dropping points? and us getting 6 points?

Yes? It's Stoke and Sunderland. Stoke are safe and Sunderland could be with a win this weekend. Arsenal play Wigan who are always hard to beat this time of the season and are away to Newcastle last game of the season who will look to need a win to avoid relegation. Arsenal have rode their luck long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Arsenal home to Wigan and away to Newcastle, could be tricky for them but they are getting the rub of the green. Could be a fcuking crazy last day off the season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

of course chelsea and/or arsenal can drop points. Fair play to the Spurs fans, it sounded like a home game at times. This is not over and anybody who is giving up now should hand over you Spurs jerseys to the believers.

• Advertisement

Aston Villa and Everton aswell for Chelsea. None of these games for any of the three are easy but it's certainly not over yet. It will hopefully go down to the last game. At least if we're not gonna finish in the top 4 let's make it as difficult as possible for Arsenal and Chelsea.

Yes? It's Stoke and Sunderland. Stoke are safe and Sunderland could be with a win this weekend. Arsenal play Wigan who are always hard to beat this time of the season and are away to Newcastle last game of the season who will look to need a win to avoid relegation. Arsenal have rode their luck long enough.
    we struggle against lesser teams. wigan will have an fa cup final hangover from getting the living daylights kicked out of them by city and will be rolled over by arsenal. Newcastle will be safe and wont give a damn after beating qpr, and wigan getting relegated by being beaten by arsenal. Just being realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We played well 2nd half and deserved the draw,Ade motm,great performance from him,if Bale had scored from that free kick in injury time I've had went through the ceiling! pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I hope I'm not left eating my words but I'd be surprised if Arsenal don't drop points between now and the end. They've rode their luck a lot lately and Wigan and (hopefully) Newcastle will be up for it.

we struggle against lesser teams. wigan will have an fa cup final hangover from getting the living daylights kicked out of them by city and will be rolled over by arsenal. Newcastle will be safe and wont give a damn after beating qpr, and wigan getting relegated by being beaten by arsenal. Just being realistic.

That's not realism. Pure pessimism to be honest. One things for certain, we didn't lose tonight and are not out of the race for CL football. Please stop acting like we are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Just saying and ye know its well in us ....we draw at stoke and goons beat Wigan and it won't even go to the last day.

Can we just play Fulham again at home?

I want Spurs to qualify for CL next season. I love Spurs 3rd, 4th or 5th!

That's not realism. Pure pessimism to be honest. One things for certain, we didn't lose tonight and are not out of the race for CL football. Please stop acting like we are!
    It'll be a miracle if we qualify and i'd love nothing more, even if it was to join a certain arsenal goalkeepers twitter page to laugh at him all summer, but alas I don't think the gods of football do miracles for spurs!

It'll be a miracle if we qualify and i'd love nothing more, even if it was to join a certain arsenal goalkeepers twitter page to laugh at him all summer, but alas I don't think the gods of football do miracles for spurs!

Yeh we can all have a right cry and a moan if we don't qualify but we drew against Chelsea away tonight.. It's still possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Got to hope Newcastle get beat at the weekend now and that they need something against the gooners in the last game

Souness is a relic! Hoddle is an idiot!

We're missing Sandro and fcukin Dembele!! Better under Harry my nutbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Genuinely thought bale was going to score that free kick at the death. Devastated we didn't win but a great performance to get the point. Let's hope Wigan are a sound bunch of lads and knick something at arsenal...

Harry had VDV and Modric, Souness either loves Harry or dislikes AVB, relic is a very apt word. He may have a point if we finish 5th. Its below where Harry got us last season. The fact that its a new manager and new players settling in negates his point also we may finish 5th with more points than we had last season. Who gives a sh1t what Souness thinks. Fuk him.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Harry had VDV and Modric, Souness either loves Harry or dislikes AVB, relic is a very apt word. He may have a point if we finish 5th. Its below where Harry got us last season. The fact that its a new manager and new players settling in negates his point also we may finish 5th with more points than we had last season. Who gives a sh1t what Souness thinks. Fuk him.

Agree, sadly Hoddle couldn't even offer the same response you just did. No mention of losing Modric or Vdv or integrating new players.

Never heard that story about SAF supposed to be taking over at Spurs before he ended up at United, oh how different the last 20 years could have been;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

jobeenfitz wrote: »

Harry also had King Ledley!

I cant say anything bad about Glen Hoddle. He is one of our greats. He's around my age. We forget stuff. Cant give an answer under pressure without ample time to think. We are in purgutry now but it still could be ecsassy come the 19th. We have to look at our squad v Chelsea and their billions. They are only 3 points ahead of us. They had a bye in their last game against Man U. None of us wants to watch Spurs play in the Europa thingy next year but we have to respect what our team has done this season given our limitations in comparison to the clubs we are competing with for top four. Yes there are games we should have won and didn't. There are players who are inconsistent and even downright sh1t. I still think we should be proud of our team.

Lets Hope we buy a top class striker and midfield playmaker early summer, hold on to Bale and AVB shows what he can do with a Top team.

2-2 against Chelsea at the bridge was a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The final nail in Redknapp's coffin for me was at Villa Park in our penultimate match last season, where 3 points would have left us in control of our own destiny for 3rd place. It's 1-1 and Arry brings on Parker for VDV and settles for the point.

Contrast that to the final 10 minutes tonight where, at Stamford Bridge, we bombed forward in search of the winner that would have kept 4th place in our hands. Okay, we didn't get that winner but the intent was correct.

tldr; AVB > Arry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Arguably - and at the risk of having my head taken off - Souness is kinda right. While there is no taking away from the class of VDV and Luka as individuals, fact is we signed Dempsey, Siggy, Holtby along with Dembele, all of who could be described as more in fitting with AVBs system. We sold two and brought in four. Thats before we mention Verts plugging a hole at the back.

Tonight was a great result on its own. We really missed Sandro and Moussa. Europa still cost us. Fingers crossed we keep playing like this till the end and Arsenal screw up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

PS - I see both Villa and Wigan getting results in the up coming matches, more so Villa which would really throw a spanner in the works.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Arguably - and at the risk of having my head taken off - Souness is kinda right. While there is no taking away from the class of VDV and Luka as individuals, fact is we signed Dempsey, Siggy, Holtby along with Dembele, all of who could be described as more in fitting with AVBs system. We sold two and brought in four. Thats before we mention Verts plugging a hole at the back.

You might be right on Vdv but AVB wanted to sign Modric at Chelsea therefore we sold two of our best players because they wanted to leave. Ledley King retired and we've been without Sandro and Kaboul for most of the season. We try to sign players at market value, Chelsea pay over the odds for all of their players.

Chelsea were at full strength, Dembele (& Lennon) injured, Souness is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ekotto was awful last night - dawson wasnt far behind

a draw at the bridge is a very good result for any team. Chelsea have a much bigger and better squad then we have.

i believe that newcastle can get at least a draw against arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    ekotto was awful last night - dawson wasnt far behind

a draw at the bridge is a very good result for any team. Chelsea have a much bigger and better squad then we have.

i believe that newcastle can get at least a draw against arsenal

Yeah Benny was awful, offered nothing either way, he doesn't really seem to give a bóllocks. Is Rose the answer? Pains me to say it but Dawson was shown up pretty badly, I'll just leave it at that. He must know his standards have slipped pretty badly.

Nobody took control at the back? We looked atrocious at set pieces, Stoke will have a field day. Vertonghen didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

Agreed...a draw at the bridge is nothing to be sniffed at, considering there midfield over ours.

Also the manager deserves credit, tactically he's very shrewd, just doesn't have the players to implement his plan at the moment. Under Harry we'd have been stuffed 4-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I didn't think Benny was that bad but he lacked options to pass the ball to on the wings without a proper winger beside him( given everyone kept going into the middle).

Also Siggurdsson must be our most composed in front of goal player he really is very good not as good as he was for Swansea last year but given he's switched all over the place depending on who he's replacing plus the tenacity he has I think he has been a good signing and he's only going to get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I've never been BAE's biggest fan but I dont think you can blame the guy too much. Last night (and in most matches) all that Hudd, Holtby and Parker did was pass the ball sideways over and over again. Eventually the ball get played back to Benny and he plays it forward, his accuracy isnt great but at least he's been positive. I'd say he played more forward passes then anyone last night. Its just goes to show the lack of creativity in midfield, esp when dembele is missing.

Whatever happened to the days when we created 10-15 clear chances for Ade and Defoe? Sure it was frustrating to see them miss most of them but at least we looked dangerous.

Also, it pains me to say it but Parker has to move on. He's not even up to playing as backup to Sandro next season.

Advertisement