Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenge is....

• 06-05-2013 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭

....sweet?
    ...a dish best served cold?
    ....pointless?
    ...counter-productive?

Have you ever sought it?
    How far have you gone?

This is mental:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/05/03/bc-cyber-stalking.html

Some highlights:
    After they split up, she broke into his apartment and stole his laptop and hard drive, along with other personal belongings.

She then hacked into his email account and sent messages to all of his contacts — posing as him — talking about how he had sex with underage students
    "I did a Google search of my name and I saw profiles listed saying … I am a psychopath, I am a child molester, a pedophile, I am involved with my students and so on — and then that just steamrolled," said Clayworth.

"I remember waking up in the morning and going online. Two hundred new postings would be there from throughout the night. And the things they said were the most hurtful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Schnitzel Muncher

Squitting under flatmates pillow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

There is revenge and there is something like that, hopefully that woman gets locked up, sick person tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

:eek:

Dear God, what a fruitloop she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The best revenge is communism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Revenge is an awful show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'm going to go with pointless and counter productive. There's no point being bitter about something you'll never change; the past. You can only chalk it down to experience and move forward with your future.

Revenge is only a waste of both time and energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Revenge is a waste of effort. Sit back, be patient, your enemies bodies will float past in the river.*

*If you're not the patient type, kill them, throw them in up-river, then drive like a hoor downriver to a nice spot, act all relaxed and sit back and watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think that Bobbit guys wife went a bit far with the whole revenge thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Good thread idea!!

Not something I've ever done as I've had no real justification for it or would ever go through with even if I felt it was justified as it's not my style. I prefer to simply blank the person.

I've got a friend who was recently messed around by a guy. Won't go into details but she was in a position to get a sort of revenge. Nothing psychotic just warning another girl this guy was interested in about what kind of guy he was. My friend doesn't know this girl. In the end, after a bit of discussion, we felt the best thing for her to do was to ignore him and get on with it. Outside Hollywood, this is not how adults carry on. I think the best revenge you can take on someone who's treated you badly is to let them know what they've done in a cool, calm and collected manner and get on with your life. If they've any kind of heart, their feelings of guilt will be revenge enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Revenge is the best game in the Burnout series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'm going to go with pointless and counter productive. There's no point being bitter about something you'll never change; the past. You can only chalk it down to experience and move forward with your future.

Revenge is only a waste of both time and energy.

I agree with this.

However, humans are rarely that straight forward. Those insightful feelings tend to come retrospectively.

In the heat of the moment, if you've been wronged in a big way by someone you loved/trusted/thought you knew...how easy is it to walk away and leave it to karma to sort out?

Saying that, I can't think of any big revengeful action I've ever taken. Outside of bitching about them to anyone who will listen for a while and giving them an icy cold shoulder.

The blanking and the ice cold shoulder is actually a great revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

...an excuse for a tv show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

The blanking and the ice cold shoulder is actually a great revenge.

Why must the shoulder be cold?

Steve O wrote: »
    Why must the shoulder be cold?

Nobody likes the cold. Brrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

...rarely as satisfying as you think it's going to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Best served cold, most definitely. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

A few years ago I hit somebody once who falsely accused me of something in public. Later that night I saw him in the pub and bang, so it's definitely a dish best served cold.

If I had left it a few weeks there's no way I'd have done it in front of people, and most likely wouldn't at all.

Ended up with a conviction, was never in trouble before or since.

I'm still intent on more revenge because I got the conviction, but I'm patiently waiting for an opportunity and I definitely won't be using violence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I think that Bobbit guys wife went a bit far with the whole revenge thing.

Ya think? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I have been furious with people in my life.
    I have been disgusted by some peoples actions towards me and have been very hurt at other time by people.
    I have had my character unduly taken and no apology ever given.
    But I have never been hurt or angered enough to exact any sort of revenge.

I would say given the right set of circumstances and if a person is pushed too far, most people would become vengeful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Is it possible to get revenge on yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

...egnever spelled backwards

beks101 wrote: »
    I agree with this.

However, humans are rarely that straight forward. Those insightful feelings tend to come retrospectively.

In the heat of the moment, if you've been wronged in a big way by someone you loved/trusted/thought you knew...how easy is it to walk away and leave it to karma to sort out?

Saying that, I can't think of any big revengeful action I've ever taken. Outside of bitching about them to anyone who will listen for a while and giving them an icy cold shoulder.

Absolutely it's a retrospective opinion, one that was formed from years wasted being bitter about having been wronged by people I both loved and trusted, fcuked over numerous times, left frustrated and despondent, and it took me years to realise that it was something that if I were to exact revenge on them, then I would be no better than them, I'd end up being the same bitter and twisted individual they were, and it'd become a vicious cycle of hatred.

I decided the only way to break that cycle was not to let the bitterness fester, because I knew deep down I could never be like them, I didn't want to be like them, and revenge would serve no purpose, only the guilt that I would carry at having lowered myself to their level.

It took me years to realise I had a choice- either carry the bitterness and hatred with me and let it drag me down, or that same energy I put into hating them, put it into focussing on bettering myself as a person, and I surprise myself even to this day with what I have achieved once I learned that I didn't have to let myself be defined by their standards, but rather by my own standards.

This gave me the confidence to realise that they meant nothing to me any more, and so I didn't need revenge, the fact I had moved on with my life would hurt them more as they realised I was no longer allowing myself to submit to their control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Henlars67 wrote: »
    A few years ago I hit somebody once who falsely accused me of something in public. Later that night I saw him in the pub and bang, so it's definitely a dish best served cold.

If I had left it a few weeks there's no way I'd have done it in front of people, and most likely wouldn't at all.

Ended up with a conviction, was never in trouble before or since.

I'm still intent on more revenge because I got the conviction, but I'm patiently waiting for an opportunity and I definitely won't be using violence.

I felt bad for you reading this. There are so many people who are bad to the bone who go about tormenting others and provoking a reaction out from them and if you do anything to stand up for yourself and sometimes delivering a well deserved smack in the mouth, they'll hang you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Ya think? :D

Would you approve of a guy mutilating an unfaithful wife?

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Is it possible to get revenge on yourself

Yes Tom, it is-

Pìss into the wind and you'll get your own back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Keep it classy. Either key their car or our teacher told us how her friend who was teaching a class in a school in Coolock. Once said to a mother that the child poor grades was due to her. The next day all four of her tires were slashed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

A woman that was going out with my dad years ago did some odd things - I don't remember them all anymore, but she went into the house while no one was home and poured all his expensive aftershaves down the drain, cut herself out of all the photos, and took back anything she ever bought, including clothes for him, furniture, bits and bobs, the shower curtain etc... I know there were worse things she did too but it was so long ago that I've forgotten now.

I don't think I've ever gotten revenge on someone - not that I wouldn't think about it... a lot... in fine detail, but don't think I've actually done anything. I know that I'd only end up feeling guilty and hating myself for it, nomatter how much the person deserved it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭mister bishi

i remember my mate spittin in another classmates lunchtime ham sambos and then we watched him eat it,

he loved them sambos that day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I felt bad for you reading this. There are so many people who are bad to the bone who go about tormenting others and provoking a reaction out from them and if you do anything to stand up for yourself and sometimes delivering a well deserved smack in the mouth, they'll hang you.

Cheers, but it could have been worse, got a fine of a few hundred euro.

Started proceedings for defamation of character against him but didn't go through with it. I was fearing a civil case against me for his injuries so it was just a case of attack being the best form of defence.

it was sufficient to stop him doing that.

feargale wrote: »
    Would you approve of a guy mutilating an unfaithful wife?

I think she making a sarcastic/ironic nod to the fact that everyone thinks Mrs Bobbitt went too far, not giving tacit approval to the act. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

...the morning after cinquo de mayo..

Advertisement