Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Luyan Chinese restaurant Douglas

Options
  • 06-05-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone know why & how long the New Luyan Chinese in Douglas (over the Briar Rose) is closed????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

No idea- We miss it though, it was great!

We asked the lads in the bar downstairs and they knew nothing about it. I have a feeling that it's been closed for good, but that's just my feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh no, shame.. We haven't gone in years but used to go all the time. The staff were loverly and food mmm sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Same people that own Man Fu House in Ballinlough AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I think it was the same owners as the Wylan restaurant near dennehys cross. I believe they've moved on from the restaurant business. Shame as the wylam was the site of many celebratory special treats over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

Cheers guys, the food there was yum.....it'll be missed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

wont be long till the briar will be gone with it-its a complete shambles that place was in there recently they have made a pigs ear of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

mean gene wrote: »
    wont be long till the briar will be gone with it-its a complete shambles that place was in there recently they have made a pigs ear of the place.

We were in there recently and the food isn't as nice as it used to be. Why do they keep re-doing the interior? it was fine as it was. Does anyone know if it changed owners or something recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I think it was the same owners as the Wylan restaurant near dennehys cross. I believe they've moved on from the restaurant business. Shame as the wylam was the site of many celebratory special treats over the years!

Is the Wylam gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

+1 is the wylam gone?

I'll miss the New Luyan, it was a great Chinese I thought.

Advertisement