Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD accommodation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Where you supposed to log out?!!

I assumed you were supposed to log out!??

Please reassure me you were supposed to log out!

I mean why would they put that button there unless they wanted you to logout after you got on it, right?!!

1150, with roughly 25% of those who put their name down not sure whether there going to ucd, and a 33% chance students dont get their first choice.... that means....

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Kerbstone wrote: »
    I'm 837 . . .does that mean there's a chance I won't get a place?

Anywhere down to 1200 is more or less certain of a place.
    A lot of people scare us peeps who really really want to go to UCD by taking a place on the waiting list when they know they wont go there or are unsure of going there.

Combine that with the statistics of the amount of people who dont get their first choices and amount of people who defer/repeat and those who dont wish to avail of on-campus accomodation and well, it looks a bit better.

You are GUARANTEED a place.

Me, well, by that logic, I am too hopefully.

Also I found out that you were supposed to log out (Thank the Lord!) and even got put forward two places on the waiting list when i rang them! ( I got put forward two places because I assume some people didnt do it properly or the system was slow)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Is it just me or is no one getting the link to apply? I see some people have already got their number

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mag93

pajero12 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is no one getting the link to apply? I see some people have already got their number

the links has been up on the ucd website since this morning. It should still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I went onto the page after I had booked at like eleven ish and the link was gone, but it was back a minute later. Maybe it's a bit dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I'm 1908, am I pretty much guaranteed no place? I totally forgot about acc. until a letter from CAO arrived in the mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Dapics wrote: »
    Anywhere down to 1200 is more or less certain of a place.
    A lot of people scare us peeps who really really want to go to UCD by taking a place on the waiting list when they know they wont go there or are unsure of going there.

Combine that with the statistics of the amount of people who dont get their first choices and amount of people who defer/repeat and those who dont wish to avail of on-campus accomodation and well, it looks a bit better.

You are GUARANTEED a place.

Me, well, by that logic, I am too hopefully.

Also I found out that you were supposed to log out (Thank the Lord!) and even got put forward two places on the waiting list when i rang them! ( I got put forward two places because I assume some people didnt do it properly or the system was slow)

What is this about being supposed to log out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MichaelLall

Just saw on the website that you can't apply to go on the list unless ucd is on your cao. If I use my change of mind facility to alter the order does anyone know if it'll affect my place?
    P.S how do you check your place on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Is there anywhere to check your place?

yournerd wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to check your place?

I was wondering that too, I'd love to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Flabangav wrote: »
    I was wondering that too, I'd love to make sure.

Just log-in again on the UCD Residences website. It'll come up for you there.

Ahhh thank you :) I was going to do that but was afraid I'd lose my place :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Thanks!
    Was scared it would reapply and put me last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I'm after moving up, people must have left the wait list or something.

I moved up a few too :)

I hope people didn't click "leave waitlist" by accident :/

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Went back to double check my number from this morning, my application never registered or something and now I'm number 2216 . . I hate life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

I was having a nervous breakdown trying to do it on my phone in morning assembly (their was 3 people in at this point), continuously refreshing the page. Then somebody said it was working on their laptop but they were no. 343 so I sprinted up to use their laptop (my phone wouldn't refresh) however on the way I tripped on the floor and cracked my lip on the corner of the desk.

As blood streamed down my face, I typed in my number and rejoiced as I came out 658. I rejoiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

To check your place do you just fill in your cao number etc again?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

I only realised that the waiting list opened this morning once i got to school and my mate reminded me. A mad rush to the IT room later and I'm 1412 on the list. Hopefully I have a chance of getting on campus!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Flabangav wrote: »
    I moved up a few too :)

I hope people didn't click "leave waitlist" by accident :/

err yeah i hope they did didnt either :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭HistoryKitty

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I'm 1908, am I pretty much guaranteed no place? I totally forgot about acc. until a letter from CAO arrived in the mail.

Not necessarily, lots of people that apply for accomodation in UCD don't end up going to UCD in the end. My friend got it last year and she was 2000 and something on the list :) So dont give up hope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I want to punch something(someone) so hard right now. I was busy with other things including studying over the last few weeks. I abandoned boards. I was sure I'll be ready to apply for the accomodation as I have set a reminder on my phone. Too bad I did it six months ago and thought it opens on Thursday? So here I am today evening loging onto boards to find out something and I see this thread. All right, couple of days before the opening day - pretty usual. And then boom, I open it!

Conclusion - I'm number 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

A friend of mine was 2 thousand and something and still got a place. So don't worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

We'll see what comes, but I definetely have to look for alternatives.

Advertisement